I have emailed support already. I know it's the weekend though and would expect to not hear anything till Monday though so that's why I'm looking for help on here. Below is what I sent support.

"I am having an issue with connecting to my vehicle. I just had it at a local shop for them to tune, it developed an engine noise during tuning so I took the car home. It is now fixed and I tried to connect to the vehicle and It was giving me an error of "validate cable license failed." I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have tried every usb port on my computer (even though device manager recognizes the cable when I plug it in). And I have tried restarting my laptop with cable disconnected from car and starting over. I would still get the same error. So I downloaded the latest software version off your website thinking maybe it was an issue with that and the latest software vvversion gives me the error "invalid cable ID." The cable was just working for the dyno facility a week ago and nothing has been done since then. Is there some way they could've "locked" me from using it or something? Trying to get to a race tomorrow. Your help is much appreciated."

Thanks for any help you can provide.