Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 silverado l83 with tsp stage 2 cam stalling

Potential Tuner

2018 silverado l83 with tsp stage 2 cam stalling

hey guys, just installed a cam in my truck recently (218/226 .635lift 113lsa) and had it tuned by a local tuner. Since I had it tuned the truck still stalls and when I brought it back to him he made some changes to the tune but it did not fix the stalling issue but now the electric fans are on all the time. someone was saying the VE needs to be messed with. I just bought my own hp tuner and a wideband gauge to jump into it myself. if anyone could help would much appreciate it. also have the current tune file I will post if anyone can take a look and see anything else I should mess with. thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    please load attached, the file you attached is abnormal. also you need to mentioned is the camshaft stock fuel lope 10 or 32?

idle log of attached pleasefirst hp tunes editor read MAS v1 SD.hpt
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 09-28-2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 18silveradoSS View Post
    hey guys, just installed a cam in my truck recently (218/226 .635lift 113lsa) and had it tuned by a local tuner. Since I had it tuned the truck still stalls and when I brought it back to him he made some changes to the tune but it did not fix the stalling issue but now the electric fans are on all the time. someone was saying the VE needs to be messed with. I just bought my own hp tuner and a wideband gauge to jump into it myself. if anyone could help would much appreciate it. also have the current tune file I will post if anyone can take a look and see anything else I should mess with. thanks again!
    I just did the same cam in my 16 5.3 about 4 days ago. My truck will stumble and sometimes stall and coming to a stop the idle will surge a little. I'm currently tuning the vve in sd mode and it seems to be getting better but i'm still working on it.
    I looked at your file and the fans are always on because he set the Desired % scaled from 80% to 91% where it used to be 10% to 91% stock. I have mine set at 40% to 91%. you can find this table under System, Fans, Control by %, Desired %.

Potential Tuner
    thanks drives me nuts having them on all the time

Anyone figure this out, L83 same cam 10% fuel lobe, & have all the Banish stuff. VVE & MAF are on point, trying to help a friend with his daily and would love to resolve this.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    check PM
    Replied, thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm having the same problem same cam but L86. It seems to happen more when I remote start the truck while it's still warm.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the TSP stage 2 218/226 with 32% over fuel lob in my L86. If the engine is cold it has no problem starting. But if it is warm and I cut it off to run in somewhere and walk right back out to crank it. It will fire up rev up and then cut right back off and if I remote start it while it's warm it does it worse.

Under Engine<idle<Base setpoint

Should I bump all the columns from 111 egine coolant temp up to something like 800 rpms or something. I saw on GOAT ROPE he had his bumped up to 850 in these columns. My tuner just bumped this whole table 150 rpms from stock.

On another note can you not post pictures anymore. I was going to show a clip of my screen but I don't see an option to insert a picture anymore?????

Idle Torque tables (in Idle tab) and Base Running Airflow (says for Cranking in description and is in the Airflow tab)

Advanced Tuner
    I found Base Running Airflow

but can't Idle Torque tables under Idle tab.

How should I adjust the Running Airflow table?

Advanced Tuner
    Your talking about the External Load table under Idle Torque limit?

I'm guess since I have a bigger cam I need to lower my Torque limits in the 700 rpm range then extrapolate up and down?

Advanced Tuner
    Should I take out 10% in the 700 and 800 then extrapolate?

Advanced Tuner
    Something like this

idol 2.PNG

I have same cam in L86, with LTH no cats and CAI and start up, idle, remote start and drive abilty is better than stock, even this morning with temps at -14F. Stock torque tables and slightly modified driver demand tables.

Set idle at 750 warm and make sure MAF and VVE are dialed with wideband and log zero pedal torque PID into external load table. Here is your easter egg, my external load table is much lower, like 100 in 700rpm row, and much lower everywhere else.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks I will do that. I was trying to put off LT headers and a catless y pipe until Christmas. I was going to add my wideband then instead of adding a bung to the stock exhaust. But I may push that up some.

Does your sound like it has a cam at idol. With my magnaflow 12909 and the rear resonator and butterfly valve cut out. You can't barely tell there is a cam. I know once I get the stock manifolds off it will help but I thought it would be a-little more pronounced.

Without cats it was too loud, ended up putting huge resonator after y-pipe which took the bark out, but still loud. I took the lope out as it was annoying in traffic as its still a truck that doesn't need to chop and roll like a car, but does still sound cammed for sure. I played with idle and got it down to 650 for a while, just didnt like how it responded to parking lot maneuvers and reverse to drive stuff. It felt unstable.

I will tell you that you MUST have both air models dialed almost perfect before you will get desired results. This torque based system is no joke and must be calibrated with care and attention to detail.

Its not hard to add the wideband in factory exhaust, the y-pipe comes out easy enough to get the bung in the driver side before the cat opposite of the factory narrow band. I recommend just doing it ASAP so you know exactly what the fueling is doing. I use the AEM 30-0310 in all my builds when a gauge is not needed and when I can use the CAN at the OBD port to log from.
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Advanced Tuner
    Does the AEM 30-0310 have a serial out? I have HPtuner standard so I was going to go with the AEM guage that plugs into the OBD or find one with a serial out so I could plug it directly into my laptop.

Advanced Tuner
    I think my tuner got the MAF and VE pretty good for not having a wideband and just remote tuning it. It's just some small things like the failing to crank when it's warm.

Plus I'm really trying to put a strong effort to learn how to do this on my own. Here are my VE and MAF

maf.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the VE table

VE.PNG