Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 silverado l83 with tsp stage 2 cam stalling

The 30-0310 has CAN Hi and Lo wires that then get soldered to the respective CAN Hi and Lo wires at the OBD port, I use an OBD y-splitter that can be unplugged from the factory OBD port allowing for easy removal or diagnostic trouble shooting. The AEM 30-0334 is a gauge with OBD passthru connection and works great, plug it in, wire it up and re-poll for parameters in scanner and setup the math and away you go. Either work great and I use them both almost daily.

You have some work to do on both MAF and VVE with a wideband and trims off. You might have a good starting point but need some more refinement with the wideband. It will amaze you how things just line out on their own once the air models are dialed.

A piece of advice. Spend the money and get the training stuff from Greg Banish, from GEN4 through GEN5. Without good habits and base knowledge from GEN4, GEN5 is no cake walk. Dont want to sound like a dick but, a grand spent to educate yourself better on how this all works will save you thousands on parts and heartache. The forums are full of great advice but there is as much good advice as there is bad advice and misinformation.
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Advanced Tuner
    No offence taken, I'm all ears. I hope to purchase the Greg Banish stuff. Right now I'm just try to read as much as possible and watching you tube clips like GOAT ROPE. I'll move the time line up on the wideband.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    The 30-0310 has CAN Hi and Lo wires that then get soldered to the respective CAN Hi and Lo wires at the OBD port, I use an OBD y-splitter that can be unplugged from the factory OBD port allowing for easy removal or diagnostic trouble shooting. The AEM 30-0334 is a gauge with OBD passthru connection and works great, plug it in, wire it up and re-poll for parameters in scanner and setup the math and away you go. Either work great and I use them both almost daily.

You have some work to do on both MAF and VVE with a wideband and trims off. You might have a good starting point but need some more refinement with the wideband. It will amaze you how things just line out on their own once the air models are dialed.

A piece of advice. Spend the money and get the training stuff from Greg Banish, from GEN4 through GEN5. Without good habits and base knowledge from GEN4, GEN5 is no cake walk. Dont want to sound like a dick but, a grand spent to educate yourself better on how this all works will save you thousands on parts and heartache. The forums are full of great advice but there is as much good advice as there is bad advice and misinformation.
    Any way you can pm or post some pics of your 30-0310 setup? I have two of them sitting around that I'd like to mess with.

I dont have any pictures as the stuff is installed under the dash clean on my personal truck. I use a similar setup in project vehicles with dual wideband bungs, currently in use as well. I use the 30-0334 for everyday single bung tunes.

I used the below diagram and a similar splitter. Unhooked the factory OBD from bracket and plugged into splitter. Plugged in the HP tuners right angle extension harness to one side of splitter and clipped the other side of splitter into the factory location. Tied it all up under the dash and ran the OBD extension cable under center console and up into console side pocket. Makes it easy to unplug the MPVI2 when not in use and a 6ft USB cable to reach the laptop buckled up in the passenger seat. I then soldered the CAN Hi and Lo from both of the 30-0310s to the side my MPVI2 plugs into. I had to have Dr. Mike, you can find him in here often, program the second 30-0310 with a some Dr. Mike magic. I think he gave it a different address so when I re-polled in the scanner with everything hooked up the 2 sensors came up as 2 different controllers along with ECM and TCM.

This works like a champ and no MPVI pro stuff needed on CAN enabled vehicles.

OBD splitter.jpgOBD2-Connector-Pinout.png
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    I dont have any pictures as the stuff is installed under the dash clean on my personal truck. I use a similar setup in project vehicles with dual wideband bungs, currently in use as well. I use the 30-0334 for everyday single bung tunes.

I used the below diagram and a similar splitter. Unhooked the factory OBD from bracket and plugged into splitter. Plugged in the HP tuners right angle extension harness to one side of splitter and clipped the other side of splitter into the factory location. Tied it all up under the dash and ran the OBD extension cable under center console and up into console side pocket. Makes it easy to unplug the MPVI2 when not in use and a 6ft USB cable to reach the laptop buckled up in the passenger seat. I then soldered the CAN Hi and Lo from both of the 30-0310s to the side my MPVI2 plugs into. I had to have Dr. Mike, you can find him in here often, program the second 30-0310 with a some Dr. Mike magic. I think he gave it a different address so when I re-polled in the scanner with everything hooked up the 2 sensors came up as 2 different controllers along with ECM and TCM.

This works like a champ and no MPVI pro stuff needed on CAN enabled vehicles.

OBD splitter.jpgOBD2-Connector-Pinout.png
    Thanks. I'll be honest I had no idea the 310 could do can without dr mike magic to begin with. I'm going to copy this for my vette. Greatly appreciated!

No problem, hope it works as smooth for you as it has for me.

The instructions, attached, for the 30-0310 say you can program the different address yourself, end of page 3. Never had a chance to try it and see if it worked or not. Not to cut out the Doc, but might be worth a try.

Advanced Tuner
    You can program the 30-0310 for different addresses. But, those are AEMNet addresses. The 30-0310 does not, as it ships, have the OBDII code that the 30-0334 does. The modified 30-0310s are not available from AEM. They consider them too much of a hassle because there is no UI to configure it, if the default config does not work for your application; or, if you need 2 channels.

Many people do run the Mod'ed 30-0310s. And most who do consider them to be the best overall wideband solution. I do wish there was a way for people to get them directly, though. As it is, I have to have 2 separate firmware files for #1 and #2 controllers.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    You can program the 30-0310 for different addresses. But, those are AEMNet addresses. The 30-0310 does not, as it ships, have the OBDII code that the 30-0334 does. The modified 30-0310s are not available from AEM. They consider them too much of a hassle because there is no UI to configure it, if the default config does not work for your application; or, if you need 2 channels.

Many people do run the Mod'ed 30-0310s. And most who do consider them to be the best overall wideband solution. I do wish there was a way for people to get them directly, though. As it is, I have to have 2 separate firmware files for #1 and #2 controllers.
    So just to clarify, my 30-0310 will need to be modified before I can use it via the method "MakesBadDecisions" posted above? I use a 30-0334 in my tuning kit, I'd just like to use one of the 310s I have sitting around as a permanent install in my vette since I can use my dashlogic on the analog out as the permanent display, but would rather not use my prolink since I've had issues in the past with it and would prefer to use the canbus.

Sorry to derail OP!

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah. They would need to be re-flashed with the OBD2 firmware update. Or, use the prolink. Hopefully, the prolink CAN interface will be available soon. Which cleans up this whole mess

Just to clarify.
    If you want to run dual 0310's you will need some of the Dr. Mike magic.
    If you run a single 0310 you need no Dr. Mike magic. I have had a couple that would not work for some reason in single config, chalked it up to mass produced stuff or was I just lucky that the ones that worked did.

Side note for the Doc. My #2 controller went down recently and for the money its not worth waiting for RMA turn around and will need replaced. Will you need both units again?

Advanced Tuner
    Nope. But you can send the one that went down for a post-mortem if you want. They RARELY go bad.