Thread: 3v tuning

3v tuning

I haven?t posted on the forum a while when I first purchased hptuners I was excited about being able to tune my own car to work out some issues I?m having with my current tune but it didn?t take me long to figure out I was In way over my head when opened the tune file racking my brain for a while I gave up and my car has set pretty all summer because driving around in Georgia in the summer with no ac isn?t fun ?because my car is not fun to drive with the ac on with the current tune? I?ve now decided to give it a another shot so my question is can anybody give pointers on how to get some information on tuning that don?t cost a arm and a leg or do I just start changing stuff and see what happens lol

Advanced Tuner
    Read this forum, there is a lot on 3V tuning, its just not consolidated anywhere. What have you done to the car that needs to be accounted for in the tune?

Bbk long tubes
    bbk catless x
    steeda charge motion delete
    comp thumper cams
    comp phaser limiters
    steeda underdrive kit
    bbk 62mm tb
    k&n cai

Currently has been dyno tuned by kurgan motorsports but still has a few bugs that need attention

Potential Tuner
    I'm currently tuning an 06 with a turbo and some engine work, went to the tuning school class for fords, but it was mostly Coyote based. What have you started with?

Haven?t took any classes or anything just been reading this forum trying to figure it out

Tuner
    Check the 3V tuning steps sticky
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

cant find it

Tuner
    Just go to Ford Tuning - Engine, Gas (Non Ecoboost, US) and it's one of the top sticky
    Simple... Successful... Intelligent...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wesp89 View Post
    cant find it
    https://www.modularfords.com/content...sing-HP-Tuners

Advanced Tuner
    For cam'd 3v's to run like stock there's about 50 idle control parameters that need adjusting that hpt doesn't have.

if you still have your xcal or any way to write a binary file to the ecu give me a shout. For a couple hundred bucks I'll shoot you a base tune that you can load in and read out with hpt that you can continue tuning from. It'll be significantly easier for you to go that route otherwise you'll probably get frustrated and never fully enjoy your vehicle at least not anytime soon.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/