Thread: Toyota FJ Cruiser Support

Potential Tuner

Question Toyota FJ Cruiser Support

Good afternoon, I am wondering if anyone has information about HP Tuners adding support to tune the FJ Cruiser? I know they support tuning for the Tacoma which shares the same engine (1GRFE) so I assume they cannot be too far away.

I have an FJ Cruiser in the shop right now that needs a few DTCs disabled. I am willing to wait, however if there is no ETA on this vehicle becoming supported does anyone else know of a way I can disable DTCs within the Toyota ECU?

Is there a different company who can flash this ecu or a different handheld / laptop based Toyota programmer here anyone recommends?

Looking forward to your replies. HP Tuners is amazing and I would prefer to support them. Thanks

Tuner
    Single or dual VVTi 4.0?

Potential Tuner
    Single VVTi!

On the newest beta version of HP Tuners, it looks like the software can recognize the ECU, but fails to read it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlex View Post

Is there a different company who can flash this ecu or a different handheld / laptop based Toyota programmer here anyone recommends?
    Contact Gustavo @ R9K Tuned he should be able to delete DTC's for you.

Potential Tuner
    Contact Gustavo @ R9K Tuned he should be able to delete DTC's for you.
    This was a useful suggestion, Gustavo was able to tune the FJ Cruiser ECU for me. Thanks. His fees are reasonable. This looks like a good solution untill HP Tuners releases support for the 4Runner / FJ Cruiser.

Tuner in Training
    FJ Cruiser support would be really awesome.

Tuner in Training
    the fj crusier whit supercharger are 2007 toyota fj crucier.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis_Panic View Post
    the fj crusier whit supercharger are 2007 toyota fj crucier.hpt
    Hi, Do you have the original reading (ori file)? if so would you share it please, thanks

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2007 FJ AT 4WD which I have the TRD supercharger (not installed), and would like to use HPTuners to tune it. As I understand, HPTuners is slowly coming online with support for the FJ. What’s available so far for our trucks?

Potential Tuner

Need more power in the UAE!

I assume they could sell these things like hotcakes if they could unlock the FJ cruiser in the UAE. I was out romping the desert yesterday and was embarrassingly underpowered compared to the smaller engine wranglers and the larger engine f150.