Thread: "traction off" issue during kickdown after tuning. CTSV LSA 2013

Tuner in Training

"traction off" issue during kickdown after tuning. CTSV LSA 2013

We tuned a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V LSA automatic and everything went well until we test drove it in the street.

During 80%tps kick down when doing about 50mph the car goes in to limp mode and says traction off in the display.

It registers the dtc C0242-71 ?ecm/pcm indicated tcs invalid serial data received? in the brake control module.
    It's supposed to be set when the ECM isn't allowing a traction control intervention event.

The TCS is working otherwise during full throttle kick down and in lower speeds with like 10% slip.

There is no dtc in the ECM and TCM.

The thing is that the ECM wouldn't allow to put in the correct injector size so we had to do an adjustment with the maf-cal to compensate.

We fiddled with the automatic transmission as well to compensate for the higher power output but that seems to be working well.

I have tried inactivating the TCS with hp tuner by raising the tcs enable to 8000rpm and it inactivated the TCS but I still get this code during kick down.

I tried lowering the max delivered torque signal by the same amount as the maf-cal, raise all table related to P0068 even though it's supposed to be inactive with the temp setting and I still get the same result.

when I log the "TCS desired torque" it's constant on 0 until the tcs kicks in and after it goes out this PID gets stuck on the last known desired torque for some reason.

I there anyone that has any experience with this?

Mods:
    Lingenfeldter 2:55 pulley on supercharger.
    1050X injectors
    cold air intake
    headers
    race cats
    catback
    DHX flex fuel kit (not used yet)
    DHX external fuel pump kit

Advanced Tuner
    Add segment data to your airflow diagnostics, then do a "Write entire"
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Tuner in Training
    I added slave segment but it only added settings for P1516 in airflow diagnostics I think, but otherwise it made no difference.

I put back the old gearbox tune and tried but it made no difference as well.

But during the test drive I noticed that it also happened once without the kickdown.

everytime it goes in to limp mode it's like before any wheelslip has happened even.