Thread: 2019 DI & Port Injection Tuning For Twin Turbo

Potential Tuner

2019 DI & Port Injection Tuning For Twin Turbo

Ok guys/Gals.
    I'm over in Australia & have a 2019 Mustang I purchased brand new then fitted a custom Twin Turbo setup on, with Maff fitted to a 3.5 inch diam intercooler pipe in a straight section.
    I have spent countless hours on the Dyno & road trying to tune it & am having trouble with a lean spike between 4500 & 5500 & can't seem to tune it out & not sure if I'm trying the right tables to do so,
    as there are so many speed density tables, like offset, slopes Quadratic terms & so on.
    I have fitted a twin fuel pump surge tank (return System) up the front of the car & running 1000cc inj's in the port & running E85.
    I have transferred it to 100% port for the time being to rule out any transition issues I may have with the DI injector size to port being so different.
    What I'm hoping form this is a run down of the correct method of tuning the fuel model.
    I have maxed stuff out in places, adjusted Maff scaling numerous amounts, even tried totally disabling closed loop fuelling for tuning purpose & list goes on & I know for sure some of the stuff I've changed probably shouldn't be
    changed. & now I seem to be just going around in circles.
    I will attach the last file I've been using which I know is way wrong & hoping someone can tell me no way man don't do this or that, do this!! I will also attach a log file & dyno graph showing issue.Mod 20.hptLog 4 E75.hplAFR (1).jpg
    I have also tried locking it into a set Mapped point & no joy & also am hoping to steer away from that method as I think the whole driver demand setup makes theses cars drive so well when right.
    Anyway hope someone smarter that me can shed some light..
    I tuned it perfectly N/A without anywhere near the dramas I'm having

I tune lots of the aussie stuff here in Australia & been tunning for many years, so I think I?m no newbie but newbie to Mustangs....
    Last edited by DJP123; 10-01-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Potential Tuner

More Logs

Here is another couple log filesLog 3 E75.hplLog 2 E75.hpl

Transient tuning will fix those issues most of the time.

You are introducing blowtrough to you SD model with turbo - not like superchargers. You need to address that.

For now fix your torque issue as you are commanding 750Nm and producing over 1000 and ECU sees a problem.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-02-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Which speed density tables do I address as they seemed to have little to no impact & do I enable the blow through logic?

I am far from an expert, but having my own share of challenges on my 2019. A GT with a vortec supercharger, headers/cams Fore L2 dual pump return fuel system, 1300 port injectors and exreme Di high volume DI pump and DI injectors. One thing I noticed is that it doesn't appear that you have recalculated all the Torque Calculation Inverse tables, (ECM 38120 - 38135) Menu: Edit - "Torque Inverse Calculator". Just started working with this myself, so I am curious if it helps.

Senior Tuner
    I think you may have accidentally entered 40 inHg instead of 40 PSI in the calc MAP max under speed density. Or 60 inHg like all the other max/limit tables. 40inHg is less than 5 lbs of boost or ~19.6PSI.
    Instead of fuel pressure increasing like is demanded it falls, the ECU over compensates for the pressure loss in the injector flow, and you get rich STFTs. Having rich fuel trims means your air/fuel model is too high some where. either load/map will be too high, or fuel pressure/ flow rate(both pump and injector) will be too high. In this case it seems injector flow rate to be what is coming out too high because the actual fuel pressure is lower than expected. Your slope multiplier's are set to 1's so the flow rate can not be varied to compensate. A return style fuel system should not have a unexpected pressure drop and a single injector slope should be correct(low slope still applies). If the calc map max doesnt fix the fuel pressure, look into the restrictions on the fuel systems these cars have when going from returnless to return style.