Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to this forum and I have a request

test upload for demo video

sorry but I am lost again look I know its family day I apologize I will call you at 8 your time 6 mine. If it's ok if not tommorrow

Quote Originally Posted by carotene View Post
    sorry but I am lost again look I know its family day I apologize I will call you at 8 your time 6 mine. If it's ok if not tommorrow
    I hadn't finished uploading the video. It's very poor quality video but it should help. https://youtu.be/GHkQ1WPJ818

You see what I mean dealing with old people

no spark

no spark off road buggy.hpl I hope I got it right this time, D$%# I hate computers If one of you can please read this and try to figure it out PLEASE!
    I thought I should put in the ecm and engine just in case.

2012, 1.4l turbo. A/T, . e78 ecm
    Last edited by carotene; 11-03-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Tuner
    you need to record a better list of variables, we can walk you through it how to add more signals to record. a few variables you're missing, the pressure and temperature pre-throttle body, injector duty cycle, i'd also record MAF in frequency (useful later), cam positions, and most importantly cylinder air mass. I'm sure there's more that would help.

About your data file:
    1) battery voltage at 10.7 during cranking, should be fine, but i'd be more comfortable at higher voltage, charge your battery and while working on the car leave a charger on it.
    2a) fuel pressure seen at 0kPa, i don't know for sure, but will it engine even turn on the fuel injectors before it sees fuel pressure? just a question.
    2b) what hardware do you have connected for the fuel system, do you have the OEM fuel sending unit in tank? do you have all the appropriate sensors wired in? etc.
    3a) from accel pedal it seems like you're flooring it??? you have an accel pedal wired in right? if not you need it for this "drive by wire" type controller.
    3b) if you are flooring the accel pedal, the ECM enters a "clear flood" mode, where it purposely shuts down the injectors trying to dry out the combustion chambers.
    3c) the throttle is not closing, ECM is not trying to pump down the manifold, likely linked to question 3a above.

Also sent you a PM.

Sprinto7 answer your phone please

Ok after some fooling around I now have spark but no injector pulse. Getting it to fire was pure luck I don't know what I did. There is battery voltage at the injectors but the ECM wire does nothing it does show a steady 3.55v on the pulse wire but that's it. My fuel system as I said before is separate from the ecm.

no injector pulse new scan

just temporary.hpl

I found a couple of things and corrected so I ran another scan and posting it to see if anyone can figure why I don't have injector pulse

Here is something else about the injectors they have battery voltage at both terminals what gives?
    It has been my experience that only one wire at the injectors is supposed to have 12v the other is for ground style pulse. I disconnected the plug at the injector and 12v shows on each wire the pulse wire is 12v at the ECU even disconnected.
    What the @#$8 is going on??
    Is there anyone on the forum that has an idea or does everyone just read these posts and move on. There has been a couple of you that have helped but there has been over 800 that have read it.
    Last edited by carotene; 11-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Tuner
    It wouldn?t worry me if you see 12v at the injector pin. The Ecm is very likely using ?low side drivers? to enable the injectors. A low side driver can look like 12v when the driver is off. It turns on the injector by pulling the line low (to ground) when it?s on. Point is: Without having a schematic for the internals of the controller you can?t tell how it should read, but 12v is not necessarily bad.
    I?ll look at your data file tomorrow.

I understand what your saying but the 12v does not change when trying to start the engine. It should drop to almost zero when cranking it doesn't change. The cam sensor sends a signal to the ECM which tells the ecm to change the voltage. The crank sensor is part of it too. It is
    possiblee but very slim chance that a cam sensor is malfunctioning but very slim.

That is the intake cam I am referring too.
    Can you explain the last scan I posted where injector pulse started then disappeared very quickly?
    Last edited by carotene; 11-07-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Tuner
    Please post a full list of all your DTCs (diagnostic trouble code)

Check your PMs

Tuner
    You need to make a better channel list (of signals you are recording) like we talked about before.

from the datalog, it is showing that the injectors are turning on while cranking. How are you monitoring that the injectors are turning on? with a multimeter? unless you have a really high end multimeter it will probably not see the very fast pulses of the injectors, you'd need an oscilloscope. Like we talked before, consider taking the fuel rail out of the intake and see if it the injectors spray fuel while cranking.

List of codes you sent me: P00B4 po237 po315 po449 po452 po463 po480 po481 po57c po627 po629 p112d p2227 u0109 p2128 p0097 p0113

Concerns:
    P00B4 - Coolant Temp circuit high. crank fueling is dependent on coolant temp, without the sensor not sure what temperature it defaults to. lets assume this is "low priority", but if this was my car i'd wire in the coolant temp sensor. A bunch of engine controls look at coolant temperature.
    P0480/P0481 - cooling fans circuit faults, i assume you have your own way to control radiator fans?

P0237 - boost sensor circuit low. No reason why you shouldn't have this sensor. there should be a 4 wire temp and pressure sensor pre throttle body, do you have this?
    P112B IAT sensor 3 performance
    P0097 IAT sensor 2 circuit low
    P0113 IAT sensor 1 circuit high
    The 4 above codes are kind of concerning. it kind of makes me question your wiring harness.
    1) you should have 8 wires connected to your MAF sensor, all are needed, do you?
    2) you should have a 4 wires connected to a pressure AND temperature sensor pre-throttle , do you?

P2227 Baro sensor performance: Was this code "active" or "history". maybe this set when you sucked in the rag while cranking, if so then don't worry about it.

P0627 fuel pump circuit / P0629 fuel pump enable circuit / U0109 Lost Comm with fuel pump : because you have aftermarket fueling system.

P2128 Accel pedal position sensor 2 circuit high: is this code "active" or "history"? if this is "active" then you're not done fixing your accel pedal wiring.

Post your tune here, i'm kind of curious to see what all you changed, frankly i expected a lot more codes.
    Last edited by TurboCobalt; 11-08-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Littleblue sent you PM check it out.