Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering JTEC Support!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SonoranTech View Post
    Update.
    I?ve had the MPVI2+ Pro for over a month now. Many of the transmission controls have zero effect once flashed on the JTEC+ it seems. I do have a heavier spring in my transmission pump to allow for higher commanded line pressure. It could be placebo. But. I raised WOT shift pressure to 125psi and gave 20% higher throughout the map. It?s barked the tires into 2nd a few times running 32? BFG?s. So, these Parameters may be functioning.
    Also, TC control seems responses as well. I have the TC relock much sooner in most gears after an unlock event.

The greatest irritation for me is the shift schedule. It?s clearly not modifying any of these parameters in beta or release in the TCM. Since my engine doesn?t lean over, power wise till over 6100RPM. I have to manually shift it or it will shift at the factory 5300.

Timing, idle, fuel and modifiers work like a charm. I?ve tuned out 98% of common 2002-2004 drivability annoyances. I?m going to swap to an HO ECM since there is no way to enable knock sensors on a different ECM OS by the look of it and my 2006 engine still has them attached. Just need to pin them into the ECM Connector.

I hope HP Tuners R&D teams don?t call the JTEC+ ?done? and not attempt to add more adjustability. 👍

Here?s a clip after some initial light tuning. https://youtu.be/xX9eKrmDocU
    Hey man you ever get some more things sorted out?
    Im very much a novice tuner but having a really hard time finding good info on these JTEC's to be able to mimic what others have done. I have tuned my GM LS6 easily just by watching you tube vids and reading. But these dodge JTEC, while simple just have like no support/info out there.
    I could really use a hand!

2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L stroker engine, fully ported & polished head. mild cam, exhaust, 30# injectors etc...
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944

Potential Tuner
    Man Ive ran unto the same thing, for one im hoping hptuners refines things a bit if they can and two no one posts their tunes.

Tuner in Training
    Stumbled onto this thread during research for my wife's '98 XJ with a stroker. Would be great to have functionality over the trans, and properly tune the stroker like I can do with the LS family.

Potential Tuner
    HEllo! A SBEC PCM read HP Tuners? JTEC he has been reading since 96, even, and you can find information on how to read SBEC, only JTEC offers when choosing to read via OBDII or how to properly start SBEC so that HP Tuner's reads it???
    Please help me to understand this issue. Thank

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by b.rudy View Post
    Hey man you ever get some more things sorted out?
    Im very much a novice tuner but having a really hard time finding good info on these JTEC's to be able to mimic what others have done. I have tuned my GM LS6 easily just by watching you tube vids and reading. But these dodge JTEC, while simple just have like no support/info out there.
    I could really use a hand!

2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L stroker engine, fully ported & polished head. mild cam, exhaust, 30# injectors etc...
    I also want to know whats up with these EMCs. I have trouble logging useful info and figuring out what some tables even do. A bit confusing and I really wish they would put a bit more time into the JTECs....

so why no 1995 5.9 (gas) what's different ?
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    1995 magnums are not JTECs.
    but the 5.2 is listed and that's a Magnum. I'm just curious about it, Looking at a 95 360 truck this weekend and was courious as to what I can do tunning wise on those, I'm guessing swap it to 96 and Newer.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    but the 5.2 is listed and that's a Magnum. I'm just curious about it, Looking at a 95 360 truck this weekend and was courious as to what I can do tunning wise on those, I'm guessing swap it to 96 and Newer.
    If you already own an MPVI2 try reading it for starters.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"