Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering JTEC Support!

Advanced Tuner
    Will the MPVI with the latest BETA *READ* a JTEC?

Advanced Tuner
    Just for giggles I tried reading my Liberty controller which before said was unsupported but now it sees the PCM and TCM. However, it can't identify the controllers automatically so it can't see the vin which must be entered. I did manage to pull a read but had to manually select the controller type JTEC+ which I am sure was incorrect. That would be slick if I could start modding the Liberty.

Liberty.hpt

Nevermind, the read did not take. Just checked the file again and it did not work.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-08-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Just for giggles I tried reading my Liberty controller which before said was unsupported but now it sees the PCM and TCM. However, it can't identify the controllers automatically so it can't see the vin which must be entered. I did manage to pull a read but had to manually select the controller type JTEC+ which I am sure was incorrect. That would be slick if I could start modding the Liberty.

Liberty.hpt
    Was that with an MPVI?

Advanced Tuner
    You can't use MPVI1 as VCM beta software looks for the MPVI2 interface and internet just prior to the read.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-06-2019 at 10:14 AM.

This has me confused:

03 Ram 1500 SRT10 8.0
    03 Ram 1500 SRT10 8.4

Didn't the srt10 come out in 2004?
    What is a 8.4, it's a 8.3. Also the 8.0?
    Is there a typo here?? Thanks

Awesome!!! Have some viper friends that will love this

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I am a gen 2 viper guy and just downloaded the beta and looked at the tune. I have a couple questions though, the fuel table resolution is only 9 rows, in the future will we be able to expand that for us boosted people. Also 2 bar map support?

Potential Tuner
    Any reason why is not listed the Jeep WJ (Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8) 2004 model year? It shows up to 2003 model year, and the Wj was made up to 2004 year. yera 2005 + was changed to a WK serie (new Grand Cherokee).

Potential Tuner
    I hope you guys at HP make this go from beta to official lol, just got my mvpi2 and pulled the stock file from my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L and everything went great from what I can tell.

Tuner in Training
    Well I just ordered it for my 2000 Viper through Unleashed tuning. Hopefully it will be here in a couple days and get to mess with it. I am guessing it will be supported a lot better than SCT provided. In the future I would like to see options like 2 bar tuning or OS upgrades.

does Ngauge will work for JTEC - RAM SRT10 2004?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jasond29 View Post
    Well I just ordered it for my 2000 Viper through Unleashed tuning. Hopefully it will be here in a couple days and get to mess with it. I am guessing it will be supported a lot better than SCT provided. In the future I would like to see options like 2 bar tuning or OS upgrades.
    I can only imagine the 2 bar tuning support will come quickly with how many people are already boosting these and looking for support.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I don't believe we have any plans to offer custom operating system support for these applications, sorry guys.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Is that even possible? I remember on OBDI systems that was the problem when you tried to go boosted the fuel table lost resolution. I mean isn't that like asking to expand the fuel table row/column on GPEC2A controllers. Or is my thinking so outdated?
    Last edited by Homer; 10-09-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Tuner in Training
    On the GM vehicles hptuners have a custom OS you can flash that changes some of the tables to incorporate 2 bar or more for boosted applications.

Advanced Tuner
    On the GM vehicles hptuners have a custom OS you can flash that changes some of the tables to incorporate 2 bar or more for boosted applications.
    Last boosted engine I did (besides my 2015 challenger) was back in 2005 (1985 pontiac fiero)...so I am glad to see times have changed.

Advanced Tuner
    Speaking of that, you can't even change the scaling to go above 105pka in order to use a 2 bar MAP at all.

I don't see any tables for barometric correction or map scaling, but I don't own an MPVI2 yet, so I'm just looking through MPVI glasses. Maybe there is more that I can't see?

Tuner in Training
    you can use a 2 bar but you have to trick the ECU. You cut the MAP values in half so that 50kpa is acctually atmospheric pressure and 105kpa is around 15lbs of boost. It basically cuts the resolution in half so that the first 4 columns are n/a and the last 4 columns are for in boost.

Advanced Tuner
    you can use a 2 bar but you have to trick the ECU. You cut the MAP values in half so that 50kpa is acctually atmospheric pressure and 105kpa is around 15lbs of boost. It basically cuts the resolution in half so that the first 4 columns are n/a and the last 4 columns are for in boost.
    I get that, but you can't change the 105 tag in the row axis to anything higher than 105. As far as I can see, you also can't do anything about barometer correction based on MAP. I don't beleive the JTEC uses a separate barometric sensor - I think it uses the MAP during KOEO.

Advanced Tuner
    Check it out...page 10.

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/workbooks/en_US/8169999128.pdf

Man I wish this would work on my 2002 liberty. I think the PCM is a bastardized JTEC version but can seem to find more info on it.
    jtec.JPG
    Last edited by Homer; 10-09-2019 at 10:55 AM.