Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering JTEC Support!

Tuner in Training
    Reading worked for me. Here is the contents of a 2000 Cherokee. I also couldn't get the scanner to work. It did set a check engine light when i pulled the cal and I tried to use the check faults function but it showed nothing...Clear codes seemed to work though.

2000 Cherokee Stock.hpt

Tuner
    Working on a 03 TJ with a 4.0 auto. Is there anywhere that you can turn off engine codes? Adjust for Tstat test etc...?

Tuner in Training
    trying to read my 96 jeep, it doesn't detect vin, I input it in, comes up as 96 cherokee, and I have jtag or jtag+ and neither one will read, it says unlock timeout.

Tuner in Training
    Hello, I am using MPVI 2 and i have 2003 Jeep Grandcherokee and my O2 sensors turning on my Check engine light. It disturbing me and i tried to off my car's O2 sensors. It doesn't have DTC table on engine diagnostic section. I disabled all of the things about O2 sensors but my check engine light is turning on again. Can anyone please help me about this problem ?

Tuner
    [QUOTE=CVY Automotive;621383]Hello, I am using MPVI 2 and i have 2003 Jeep Grandcherokee and my O2 sensors turning on my Check engine light. It disturbing me and i tried to off my car's O2 sensors. It doesn't have DTC table on engine diagnostic section. I disabled all of the things about O2 sensors but my check engine light is turning on again. Can anyone please help me about this problem ?[/QUO

you can disable 02 sensors,but you will still see a check engine light, hp tuners haven't fix this issue yet

Will there be a solution for Germany?
    I would change to MPVI2, but I don't give my MPVI away, send it in the US for a lot of money and don't know when I get it back....

Tuner
    Any update on opening up the DTC tables?
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

You guys having trouble scanning, you have to be connected to the internet every time you start scanning, I think. I use my mobile hot spot on my phone.
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by axekick View Post
    You guys having trouble scanning, you have to be connected to the internet every time you start scanning, I think. I use my mobile hot spot on my phone.

I'll give it a shot, but internet connection shouldn't be necessary as all of the data is coming from the vehicle (not the internet). I've been using HPTuners for probably 15 years and I've never needed internet connection to scan my LSx based vehicles.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Awesomeness!
    Larry Macedo
    Powerhouse HP Tunes
    www.powerhousehptunes.com

They added a bunch to the most recent VCM Beta!
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by 2001CamaroGuy View Post
    Any update on opening up the DTC tables?
    They added a bunch to the most recent VCM Beta!
    2004 jeep LJ
    Stock supercharged 4.0, 36lb injectors, 62mm bbk throttle body.
    2017 f250 6.7 Diesel
    2020 Explorer 2.3 ecoboost

still a bug scanning my 1996 ram , try two different ecu same year same issue. if i put in a newer ecu scanner work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobbe1 View Post
    still a bug scanning my 1996 ram , try two different ecu same year same issue. if i put in a newer ecu scanner work.
    i can scan my 1996 truck with a 30usd wifi scanner from amazon. so hptuners have an issue.

Tuner in Training
    how you can connect to the ecu without obd port ?can some one share the pin-out

Tuner in Training
    My 04 WJ is a 16x tone ring, 3 plug jtec with tcm. Did you have any success with tuning yours? Literally bought the mpvi2 just now for my WJ (to learn and to tune, I'm sure I'll tune other things once I get comfortable with my knowledge/skill). Its a .020 over bore block, 10:1 dome top pistons, 08+cams and intake, p&p heads, and doug thorley long tubes (still waiting on the long tubes to get back into production, they went out of stock due to the 'Rona and having other products with a larger customer base, but was told they will be making them again).

Also, any luck with tuning the 545rfe? I've seen mixed answers about HpT supporting JTEC 545rfe.

Potential Tuner
    Nearly identical build but an 06 Dakota 4.7HO engine with 60k miles rebuilt with 09 Aspen cams and intake (Swapped the reluctor of course). Was a Covid project and I buried way too much money into it and put a pause on it once it was driveable. Thus, running stock 04 non-HO ecm and its angry! Before I go running off to spend $700 on the PRO package, I wanted to see a similar tuned setups results.
    Also, can you share the your .HPT file so I can browse the tables.

Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Update.
    I?ve had the MPVI2+ Pro for over a month now. Many of the transmission controls have zero effect once flashed on the JTEC+ it seems. I do have a heavier spring in my transmission pump to allow for higher commanded line pressure. It could be placebo. But. I raised WOT shift pressure to 125psi and gave 20% higher throughout the map. It?s barked the tires into 2nd a few times running 32? BFG?s. So, these Parameters may be functioning.
    Also, TC control seems responses as well. I have the TC relock much sooner in most gears after an unlock event.

The greatest irritation for me is the shift schedule. It?s clearly not modifying any of these parameters in beta or release in the TCM. Since my engine doesn?t lean over, power wise till over 6100RPM. I have to manually shift it or it will shift at the factory 5300.

Timing, idle, fuel and modifiers work like a charm. I?ve tuned out 98% of common 2002-2004 drivability annoyances. I?m going to swap to an HO ECM since there is no way to enable knock sensors on a different ECM OS by the look of it and my 2006 engine still has them attached. Just need to pin them into the ECM Connector.

I hope HP Tuners R&D teams don?t call the JTEC+ ?done? and not attempt to add more adjustability. 👍

Here?s a clip after some initial light tuning. https://youtu.be/xX9eKrmDocU

Tuner in Training
    Hey man you ever get some more things sorted out?
    Im very much a novice tuner but having a really hard time finding good info on these JTEC's to be able to mimic what others have done. I have tuned my GM LS6 easily just by watching you tube vids and reading. But these dodge JTEC, while simple just have like no support/info out there.
    I could really use a hand!

2000 Jeep XJ 4.0L stroker engine, fully ported & polished head. mild cam, exhaust, 30# injectors etc...
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944