Thread: OS compatibility 6l80e limp mode

Potential Tuner

OS compatibility 6l80e limp mode

I got an engine and transmition from a 2014 Yukon Denali wreck with 62,000 miles in them to swap in my firebird. Removed VVT, DOD and installed a ls3 crate engine intake/throttle body and injectors. Had a friend of a friend modify my harness and remove vats and never could get it to fire, and HPtuners stopped connecting(think the harness fried the ecm). So got a new harness from Bpautomotive and a new ecm from ebay from a 2009 Corvette and bought HPtuners to try and do everything myself.

Now it runs and drives but it doesn't shift. Driving it down the road the scanner shows it shifts through the gears but it doesn't.

I'm thinking the OS for the ECM and TCM aren't compatible. Can I install a 2009 corvette OS into the 2014 6l80 TCM or am i missing something else.
    E38 OS is 12628990 and T43 OS is 24265260

Also getting P0700 and U0100 DTC's

Tried searching the forums but could find a definitive answer and don't want to brick anything. Need help!!!!!!

Thank You.

10-02-19.hptmaf4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    The P0700 and U0100 DTCs mean that the ECM and TCM do not communicate properly. This happens with a mismatch of parts or operating systems.

You cannot flash a 2014 T43 TCM with a 2009 calibration - without destroying the TCM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the confirmation. Jon

So now I'm thinking I'll get another ecm(Serv.#12633238) that's a direct replacement to the one that got fried, but was wondering if I would have any problems with the throttle body or anything else? The guy I bought the corvette ecm(Ser.#12625455) from made it sound like it mattered.

thanks again for the help

Advanced Tuner
    Using a Corvette based E38 means also using a Corvette throttle body (like the LS3 that you have) and a Corvette APP (accelerator pedal).

Using a Truck based E38 means also using a Truck throttle body (which hopefully you still have) and a Truck APP.

Depending on which route you go, two of the wires in the APP connector may need to be transposed.

Potential Tuner
    Unfortunately I sold the truck intake and throttle body. So with the cost of a new throttle body, APP, ECM, and credits to tune I could almost get a corvette TCM and install that in the transmition. Would that work or am I just pissing in the wind?

Advanced Tuner
    Rule #1 of any LS conversion - never sell off your "spare" parts until you are 100% finished.

The T43 TCM is bolted to the valve body, inside the transmission. You would need to obtain a 2009 model year T43 TCM - to then program it with a 2009 Corvette 6L80 calibration.

A new or reconditioned TCM will often be blank - which means you would need access to GM programming tools for the initial programming. These TCMs are not inexpensive - generally between $500 and $750.

Potential Tuner
    I've been learning a lot with this swap. Unfortunately it's cause I keep making stupid mistakes like this.

Guess I'll get another ecm and hopefully one of my buddies has a truck throttle body that I can get cheap.

Thanks for all the help and advice Jon.