Thread: 6L80E Shifting Early Regardless of Adjustments

Tuner in Training

6L80E Shifting Early Regardless of Adjustments

Cadillac XLR-V E67 T43

I've got an issue with my shifting. Regardless of what I set shift speed and/or MPH, it always seems to shift early. I've even gone to the extreme and added 15mph to the shift speeds, nothing! Almost always, the 1-2 shift happens after 6400rpm. But 2-3 happens around 5800rpm and 3-4 around 5100rpm. Even WOT downshifts, it doesn't seem to want to drop down to the correct gear. Cruising at 45, and go WOT, it "should" go into second, but usually just stick to third. I'd like to see each gear WOT shift around 6600rpm.

28" Tall tires (front and rear), 3.42:1 Rear gear, Speedo is dead nuts. I've tried in Pattern A, Pattern B, TUTD (letting the ECU take over shifts) all three patterns act the same. I've tried with Traction ON, OFF, Both TC and ST off, Performance mode. Even pulled ABS Fuse, same behavior. Ive changed "Speedometer Source" From calibrated to gmlan, no difference. I have matched ALL of the tables to the same WOT Shift speed. Same result every time. I have flashed with Beta and NON-Beta, same results

What am I missing here?

2009 XLRVecuOEtcmMODIFIED.hpt

testhitshift1PatternB.hpl

testhitshift1tutd.hpl
    Last edited by Mikha Motorsports; 10-11-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Bump... Still shifting early. Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    post a log

Tuner in Training
    The first post has two logs and the tune.

Advanced Tuner
    for some reason it doesn't show them on my end?

Tuner in Training
    Should work now?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Some more testing.. If I use TUTD and command a certain gear, lets say 1st gear and lightly accelerate, it will automatically shift into 2nd at 4,000rpm. That doesn't make sense considering what the tables are set to.

Advanced Tuner
    I know it says 8 speed, but do a log with these channels. You are not logging near enough trans info to get a good idea whats going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Quickly looking at the tune I would make all the TUTD numbers match. Your WOT numbers are 31 62 100. If you want it to shift at WOT in TUTD then make sure the part throttle tables match the WOT numbers. If you dont want to shift then max out the WOT like you have part throttle.

trans.jpg

Tuner in Training
    I've got four logs using your config.

WOT Normal shift pattern (Selector in D), WOT Pattern B, WOT TUTD (starting in 1st gear and letting ECU take over), and lastly cruising but at the end I commanded 2nd gear and went WOT then released 2nd gear at desired shift RPM.

Tuner in Training
    A little update..

The vehicle is a 2006 XLR-V.. I had an 06 ECU/TCM OS but the MAF tables were limited along with injector tables. I put an 09 ECU/TCM OS in there to get the extended MAF and overall better tables for tuning. Seems that the vehicle didn't like the 09 ECU! I put the 06 ECU back in and left the 09 TCM in and it shifts when commanded! Seems to me that theres some disagreement with data communication with an 09 XLR-V ECU in an 06 XLR-V. They're both E67's but possibly the ABS module doesn't seem happy and commands and early shift. Thanks for the helps. Wondering if I could just put in the 2009 XLR-V EBCM and make it happy. Or leave the 2006 ECU in there and deal with the tuning limitations. Thanks for the help ZincGT... Sorry I kept some info out.

Advanced Tuner
    My 06 Corvette (manual) did not like the updated ECU either, I had to switch back to my original.