Thread: 2007 cobalt lsj Controller Unlocker x11 not supported

Potential Tuner

2007 cobalt lsj Controller Unlocker x11 not supported

Hello all,

New to this forum and new to the HPTuners community.

I'm building a DF goblin exo-car and purchased HPtuners pro to disable some of the mils and have future capability to change some things.
    Currently the car is mostly together but it has a start but not run condition(car is shutting off after a few seconds). I can pull codes with the VCM scanner clear codes, do logs and such but get a failed error when I try to pull the tune from the ecu with VCM editor.

it says controller unlocker: x11 not supported

I have contacted support yesterday and got an automated reply but nothing from a rep yet.

chris

Potential Tuner
    error Controller Unlocker: x11 Not Supported

how can I pull the file from the ecu ? Using windows 10 laptop 64 bit version.also tried destop windows 10 pro 64 and updated usb drivers from HPtuners website

tech supports response : Thank you for contacting support Christopher,
    Has this vehicle ever been tuned before using another tuning software? If not you can attach a battery charger when reading and writing. or possibly a wiring issue. What yr/mk/md is this vehicle?

I’m not sure if it has been tuned before it is a 2007 Chevy cobalt ss supercharged 2.0 ecotec that was stock with the car. Original harness BCM and ecu.
    I’m able to scan the car and connect to the ecu but cannot do the read function with VCM editor.

Tech response : Hi Christopher,
    It might be best to get access to a GM tech2 and flash the vehicle back to stock then you should be able to read and write to it.

Are you suggesting there is no issue with the hptuners ?

Tech response : Hi Chris,
    Yes, Please start with returning to stock.

Potential Tuner
    So i'm guessing I need to find someone with a GM tech2 and flash it back to stock it appears to have a smaller pulley on it so im sure that will not work very well but I can tune it afterwards.

Would I be better off buying a new ecu ?

A new ECU has to be programmed to your VIN. I have no experience with your car so I don't know if it's as simple as ordering the ECM and giving your vehicles vin # to the seller.

However, it does sound like the ECM is fried. It's easy to fry a ECM if trying to read or write when the car's battery is not fully charged.

Potential Tuner
    This issue has been resolved before, but that was 3 years ago:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...cker-x11-Error

" Switch USB ports or a reboot corrects it. For me it's intermittent but all the cars I've tried to tune have been successful. I've flashed my own car maybe 200 times and it's done the error like 2 times for me. Other cars more offen. I actually thought it might be a USB cable issue."

"Anytime this has happened to me, it was something related to jumping between the scanner and editor.
    I just closed both programs and re-started them. Worked fine."

Tuner
    When the MPI2 first came out i was probably the first to attempt to flash a P12 and it instantly bricked the ECU. But i was able to find a junk car at a local junkyard that was a 07 and pull the ecu and do the relearn for antitheft. I ended up purchasing a spare ecu before attempting to tune the car after. But HPT did end up fixing whatever the original issue was. If you need to get another ecu check local pick and pull yards or do a search on LKQ for a car that match's your. Just remember if your car is a factory stage 2 car you need similar ecu as injectors are different.