Thread: Feedback on a start-up tune before I hit the button

Tuner

Feedback on a start-up tune before I hit the button

Attached is my Startup tune that I have put together. What i have is

99 Suburban that I put in a 6.0 into. It has been bored .005 over to clean up the walls and I put flat top pistons, gen4 rods, BTR truck stage 2 cam, 799 heads with Manley valves and pac1218 springs, tbss intake, warr throttle body. So far what i have changed is the 2500 stock file i segment swapped the trans to a 4l60e then I seg swapped the fuel info. I went in and turned off the mil lamps for downstream o2, adjusted for my injector size, adjusted for my cyl volume size, changed the tune to work for dual fans, and added 15% to the main ve to start with. I am using info from Chopperdocs youtube vids to start this. Will the be a safe starting tune and am I missing anything.
    Last edited by AndrewJReynolds85; 10-03-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added info

Still running the MAF?

15% is a bit much, like far more than I would do and if you are running the MAF it will run a blended mode from 0-4,000rpm with the MAF/VE. So just changing the VE won't get you the desired results and that's likely far too much fuel to be added.

Cat over temp needs to be disabled. Make sure the gear tire wizard in the edit tab is set correctly. Seems unlikely that you are running 27in tall tires on a suburban because that's car tire size.

Past that, it should run with the changes you did. The rest is using a wideband to calibrate the MAF/VE as needed, then timing and making power come afterwards.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Still running the MAF?

15% is a bit much, like far more than I would do and if you are running the MAF it will run a blended mode from 0-4,000rpm with the MAF/VE. So just changing the VE won't get you the desired results and that's likely far too much fuel to be added.

Cat over temp needs to be disabled. Make sure the gear tire wizard in the edit tab is set correctly. Seems unlikely that you are running 27in tall tires on a suburban because that's car tire size.

Past that, it should run with the changes you did. The rest is using a wideband to calibrate the MAF/VE as needed, then timing and making power come afterwards.
    Thanks for the reply, I added 15% going off chopperdocs you tube tutorial. What would you suggest as far as the % increase on the VE? I was concerned becasue the computer was for a LQ4 and I rebuild it with 799 heads and flat top pistons so the compression ration should be around 10.9:1 instead of the stock 9.4:1. also I was concerned the throttle body being larger that might give me some issues.