Thread: 2004 Silverado 6.0 HP93 Full Rich while coasting

Potential Tuner

2004 Silverado 6.0 HP93 Full Rich while coasting

I've attached my current tune file; i'll log my drive home and update with that (tried to log the drive to work but it didn't pick up my AEM AFR gauge).

The issue i'm running into is during a coasting condition the engine goes full rich and can cause my MIL light to pop on. At idle (stopped or parked) it runs fine to my commanded AFR and anytime i'm on the throttle it runs to my commanded AFR; however when driving and coasting down a hill or just off throttle while moving it'll go to a full rich condition. I assumed the DFCO would kick in and cut fuel while coasting, what else am i missing?

this is the first and only tune i've done so please explain in fluent dummy terms 2004 Silverado 1st timing edit.hpt

Any mods?

I see it has rather large injectors for a NA engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Hopefully you figured this out by now, but I couldn't help but notice that you are running the same engine as me. I'm by no means a seasoned tuner, but I have managed to get mine setup as a reliable daily driver. I'm happy to share my tune if it helps.

I'm running an ATK HP93, cold air intake, shorty headers, and true duals with cats and x pipe. Factory manifold and drive by wire TB.
    9.36.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    What injectors are they and do you have the data on them?

Potential Tuner
    :facepalm:
    I wish i'd have checked back here sooner and not relied on notifications.... since i never got any :/

Potential Tuner
    I have all of the injector data (attached)

they're HPI:
    https://highperformanceinjectors.com...high-impedance

I assumed i'd be able to cut fuel in programming and didn't want to undersize in case i add a power adder in the future.

compared to tinindian77's tune my setup is quite different; i'm going to compare the two files and steal some ideas.
    Attached Files Attached Files