Thread: 2017 Camaro ZL1, help needed with bolt on tune.

2017 Camaro ZL1, help needed with bolt on tune.

I'm having issues with this zl1. The car is bone stock besides the addition of headers, 15% overdrive ATI balancer, flex fule kit, stock everything else including the airbox.

In the past I seen stock zl1's make 530-560 rwhp stock. This car is make 530rwhp after the adding the parts mentioned. I did try going full e85 but that did not work as my
    rail pressure would drop too much, so at this point the car is back on pump 93.

Only thing I can see is that the IAT Advance is pulling almost 8 degrees from my base spark advance table (spark advance tables are stock). Also intake air temps are 170 degrees plus.

Not 100% what are acceptable intake air temps for these car if someone could share. I would appreciate if anyone could point out any obvious errors in the tune I could learn from.

Thanks

Update,

The car's issues were strictly related to heat soak due to ambient temps in the 93-98 degree range.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by regorih; 10-14-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    make sure your logging the correct PIDs intake air temps reaching 170 is a bit much, depending on your regions it could be your IAT 2 or manifold Air Temp (MAT)

if you had some work done on your car make sure your not low on fluids for the supercharger or air pockets.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    My 2017 Z06 has two Manifold Air Temps. One stays fairly steady as yours does and the other goes up drastically with boost. You may be even hotter than 170s with your IAT over 90*. See if you have the other MAT to log.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a quick glance but your DD tables appear to be stock, try increasing them but dont "rape them" and see if fixes the spark pull. Maybe just adjust from 80% throttle up and if it works play with the rest of the table. You can bump up your FP duty cycle to help with fuel pressure drop.
    Last edited by ZincGT; 09-30-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure the supercharger is bleed properly and full with fluid. We see tons of them here low on fluid Looks like the temps are killing your spark

Advanced Tuner
    you need to log every timing modifier table there is to be able to really see what is pulling the timing. You also need to log the LPFP and the HPFP to be able to see what the pressure is doing.

That car should be able to run E40-E60 with no issues.

The ZL1 with bolt ons will run E85 (E70 here in Chicago) no problem. Same thing with LT1 and Prochargers, I tune them for E all the time and have no issues.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]