Thread: TORQUE TABLE ISSUE OR DOES IT NEED A TRANS TUNE - LT4 ZL1 hits a wall at wot

Advanced Tuner

TORQUE TABLE ISSUE OR DOES IT NEED A TRANS TUNE - LT4 ZL1 hits a wall at wot

So the car has been tuned. Puts down great power drove great for a few weeks and now it hits a wall at full throttle. Car is a FBO ZL1 putting down over 700rwhp.

Once the rpms get high enough it's like the car tries to shift but doesn't. It's like hitting a wall and the rpms usually jump. It feels a lot like missing a gear. The timing spikes down and the car pulls throttle and it just stops. It's very abrupt and loud. All my logs look good from the torque table side and it can rip through a few gears with no issue and then bam.

If you stay on it it will eventually shift start hauling again. Or it will surge. The immediate axle torque spikes and you feel it (surge).

Anyone have any issues like this? Is it time for a trans tune? I have been told there are further limiters on that side of things.

Another weird thing I noticed is that after this happens the current trans gear read out (in the scanner) stops reading what gear we are in. Also, occasionally the mph in the scanner will spike when this happens. Like a pyramid to 140 and back.

Advanced Tuner
    Post file, and I'll fix it
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    This was one of the last ones I was working on before I started fresh..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Your fan doesn't seem to run much until after 220*. Your manifold air temperature may be getting awfully warm and pulling advance. I have a 2017 Z06 and my Driver Demand and Peak Torque tables are way less than your tuner has yours.

Advanced Tuner
    Car has an interchiller kit. We usually run the fans harder then that but we've been bouncing back and forth on tunes right now.

You will be able to run the car on the stock tq and driver demand tables when tuned correctly. Surge is from the driver demand and tq tables. I fix these types of tunes all the time.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]