Thread: 426 F1A procharged Ram ETC issues

Potential Tuner

426 F1A procharged Ram ETC issues

Hey, I'm trying to solve a throttle drop out issue on my 2009 ram. I'm running a 92mm hellcat TB on a ported 6.1L intake manifold on a new 426 and if I'm cruising at highway speed it throws the ETC and puts it into limp mode. Initially I had a pedal code but I believe it was a stored code from when I did a start up with the pedal disconnected and after clearing it it has never resurfaced. Initially I thought it was pedal related since I had an aftermarket TCM tapped into the pedal but I've isolated the signal and the problem persists. I've changed to a stock throttle body and there's no change, issue still happens and I've chased every mechanical possibility.

The issue does not exist on street driving but as soon as I get on the highway and cruise for about 5 minutes with minimal throttle input it'll throw the ETC and drop throttle control. A shut off and restart clears it and it'll happen again in another 5-10 min down the road.

Attached is the tune and a datalog of the drop out, around 6 minutes into the log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by charonblk07; 09-29-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Can anybody shed some light on this?

Tuner in Training
    I am not forced induction, but when my 426 started doing that, I found I had a bad MAP sensor. Kinda unnerving when doing 75mph on a crowded highway...

my build is a 6.1 based 426 @ 13:1 compression. 5.7 Eagle heads with a 6.1 intake.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by THXDEAR426 View Post
    I am not forced induction, but when my 426 started doing that, I found I had a bad MAP sensor. Kinda unnerving when doing 75mph on a crowded highway...

my build is a 6.1 based 426 @ 13:1 compression. 5.7 Eagle heads with a 6.1 intake.
    Interesting, for the sake of a $30 part I'll give it a try, I've tried damned near everything else.