Thread: Ended up w/ OS that doesnt have Power Enrich rate??? 9381344 OS

Senior Tuner

Ended up w/ OS that doesnt have Power Enrich rate??? 9381344 OS

Chasing a knock on tip in no matter what I do, then it finally dawned on me that I wasnt seeing the PE Rate table. Im so used to automatically setting that to 1.0 from .0195 or whatever the factory ones often are that its muscle memory and never clicked till I was fighting with KR

9381344 OS, anyone have a idea on way around this? Finished tune before tackling this, I guess I could reflash it to something like Camaro OS and then hand copy over every table so it would be exactly the same?? Serious pain in the ass

Contacted HPTuners but just got an email back saying they wouldnt add the ECM 2400 field like the million other Gen3 ecus have for some reason
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    Chasing a knock on tip in no matter what I do, then it finally dawned on me that I wasnt seeing the PE Rate table. Im so used to automatically setting that to 1.0 from .0195 or whatever the factory ones often are that its muscle memory and never clicked till I was fighting with KR

9381344 OS, anyone have a idea on way around this? Finished tune before tackling this, I guess I could reflash it to something like Camaro OS and then hand copy over every table so it would be exactly the same?? Serious pain in the ass

Contacted HPTuners but just got an email back saying they wouldnt add the ECM 2400 field like the million other Gen3 ecus have for some reason

The 1999 and 2000 P01 operating systems were unique. Perhaps most notably is that they had a Main VE table and a Backup VE table. In 2001, the P01 operating systems were updated and improved.

Your 9381344 OS is from the 2000 model year. The reason HPT cannot add the PE Ramp In / Out parameters is that these did not exist in the calibration prior to the 2001 model year.

Senior Tuner
    So does it have a built in delay and you just can't access it? Or it shouldn't have that and I should be looking elsewhere? Its got to have it because you can see target air fuel take while to switch

Advanced Tuner
    PE delay parameters - time, temp, and RPM - are available in the 1999 and 2000 OS. It is the ramp in / out rate (i.e. rate of EQR change) that was not available until 2001.

On older conversions I generally use 2002 OS 12212156 - it is user friendly, and can do almost anything that you need it to.

Senior Tuner
    That 156 is IS the one I usually use. I guess I just forgot about the old ones not having it until it actually showed up as a problem? Guess I'm going to copy everything over into one of those OS and see if it clears up problem