Thread: Weird issue, can?t pull TCM tune but I can Write it.

Advanced Tuner

Weird issue, can?t pull TCM tune but I can Write it.

I?m having a weird issue that just started recently. I can?t read or pull TCM tune but it will let me write a saved TCM tune. Just started happening recently. 19 Z, unlocked TCM.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

The way I understand it, from 2017 up we cannot read GM TCMs, at least the T87A. When hooked up to the internet....we end up getting a trans file BASED on the TCM that is seen....but it is not actually read FROM our TCM.

One way to be sure...we can make changes to the trans tune and load them into the TCM then hooked up to the internet re-read the TCM. The way I understand it we will end up with an unmodified file every time we "read" it.

2017 Sierra 6.2 here. Cant read T87A. I wonder if someone from HPtuners can chime in and comment. Will this ever be supported, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    2017 Sierra 6.2 here. Cant read T87A. I wonder if someone from HPtuners can chime in and comment. Will this ever be supported, or not?
    T87A TCMs need to be unlocked by HPT. From what I've read, they are encrypted so we would need to send our TCMs directly to HPTuners for the unlocking service.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    T87A TCMs need to be unlocked by HPT. From what I've read, they are encrypted so we would need to send our TCMs directly to HPTuners for the unlocking service.
    I mentioned that in my original post, my TCM has been unlocked by HPT. Again I can write a tune to it, I just can’t read it.
    GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!

02 C5 Z06
    8.8@160

Quote Originally Posted by vortech View Post
    I mentioned that in my original post, my TCM has been unlocked by HPT. Again I can write a tune to it, I just can’t read it.
    As mentioned, when the TCM gets the unlock service, the only thing readable is a generic file. You will not be able to read what you wrote to it.

If you are saying that you can't read anything at all, make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Tuner in Training
    write the tcm only. uncheck the pcm/ccm and only write the tcm for some reason it can only be written by itself.
    2019 Camaro SS A10
    Long Tubes, CAI, Ported lt2 intake, Ported TB, and Flex fuel.

My T87A is unlocked. ECM can be read. TCM cannot. I wouldn?t say the TCM is readable. The editor simply downloading a stock file from HPtuners servers. I understand this is normal for now. But will reading the TCM ever be supported?