Thread: spark blow out, to rich??? scan provided br7ef at .025 gap HELP ME!!

spark blow out, to rich??? scan provided br7ef at .025 gap HELP ME!!

once again.hpl

I'm about to loose it. I recently added a second pump, installed fuel rails, increased fuel line size to -8 feed and -6 return. 2 new relays. The problem started after I did this. Not sure if its related or not. checked all hoses for leaks and feel pretty good about all the connections.

From the log you will see when I get into boost about 10 lbs, my engine starts cutting out bad. It almost seems like spark blow out. I recently changed to the br7ef plug and gapped them to .025. Is this to much?

My afr error shows about 5% to rich, 11.44 commanded. Its hard to get a accurate error because the engine cuts out at such a fast pace.

My timing is 10 degrees advance when this happens. 91 octane

Truck runs and drives.

Tuner in Training
    having a similar issue, did you ever solve it cause this is whooping my ass too.

Quote Originally Posted by kylefentz View Post
    having a similar issue, did you ever solve it cause this is whooping my ass too.
    I had this happen to me once at the track. turned out to be speed limiter in the pcm. i was running br7's and had them gapped around .026. thought it was spark blow out as i was hearing a backfire even though the fueling was good. ended up being the speed limiter even though i had a th400.

Tuner in Training
    I just made a similar post also. Hope someone can look through my tune and see something I don't.