Thread: 3rd Gen 2003 Tuning Basics

Potential Tuner

3rd Gen 2003 Tuning Basics

Hi all!
    I have been non-stop reading and learning here on these forums as well as others. I decided to remove my trinity t1000 tuner and put everything back to stock to utilize my HP tuners software and do this all manually. A LOT to learn and grow however I figured I would put my tunes out here in the community to analyze them or suggest tweaks.

Truck mods:
    Aftermarket Air Intake
    30% oversize injectors
    Aftermarket torque converter
    4" Full exhaust

Changes done to:
    High Idle Feature Enabled ( This doesn't seem to work)
    Base Fueling Pedal Map
    Injector PW Map (Increased 20% everywhere)
    Torque Limit (upped max to 530 in mid range and smoothed out to lower ends, as our 48RE trannys are rated for 560-570 ft/lbs)
    Main SOI Timing (bumped up 10 degrees everywhere, transient matched with steady state low air density)
    Pilot Inj. Timing smoothed out
    Desired Fuel Press. (increased by 5% everywhere)
    Max Fuel Press ( Increased to 168 MPa)

I understand that I cant just willy nilly add timing and change PW without any direction and I am having a hard time setting up graphs for my logging to help me interpolate changes req'd. My goal is to produce a ton of power with no smoke.I'm still getting some smoke when I stomp on it while driving around. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi...some guy already helped me out a lot so i can help you too...you have facebook or something so we can chat 1on1...easier and faster

Potential Tuner
    Yeah man, I'd be very greatful for any help! Add me up, my name is carey Thibodeau.

Wich one? There is a lot of corey thibodeau ahaha
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIDENCR View Post
    Wich one? There is a lot of corey thibodeau ahaha
    C A rey Thibodeau not c O rey. Lol a pic of my wife and I in front of a waterfall. What's your name I'll. Add you?

this might help some... 2003's are different IIRC vs the 04.5+, principals are the same though.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...s-learned.html

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by steve05ram360 View Post
    this might help some... 2003's are different IIRC vs the 04.5+, principals are the same though.

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3...s-learned.html
    Thanks bud, cheers

Banned
    There are differences in how the ecm chooses to use the correction tables and some other little differences but nothing so far out there it needs to be treated differently from the 04.5-07.