Thread: Altitude change help

Tuner in Training

Knock with altitude change

Im needing some help with my tune. I live at around 6700ft and when I travel down to Las Vegas or Mesquite. I tend to get some knock retard and I dont know how to fix it. Ive pulled some timing and it didnt seem to do much. In the summer at my town I am knock free and even at cooler temps when im south I get some small kr. I know these logs are not apples to apples but its the best i could come up with on my drive back home today. Looking for suggestions and tips please.

edit: I forgot to add that the majority of the knock was the the same amount making me think its false but in that case wouldnt it do it all the time?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by squish72; 10-08-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Guess I forgot to give details on the car. 16 ss, roto fab intake, ported tb/intake, kooks 2" headers w/no cats

Tuner in Training
    Is it that dumb of a question?

Tuner in Training
    were there any modifications done to the VVE or MAF tables in the tune? I apologize i cant look at the tune right now, I am on a work computer.

Tuner in Training
    Between the two logs? No it was taken at two different points in my 3 1/2 hour drive home. One on the freeway at the low altitude and one close to my home at the higher elevation