Thread: Anyone Worked w/ AUS 1000cc injectors?

Anyone Worked w/ AUS 1000cc injectors?

A customer has a supercharged Coyote, running AUS 1000cc E56010-1000 injectors.

They came with a calibration sheet, but using that data, so far, the fueling is inconsistent.

The paper calibration sheet only has:

-injector high slope vs rail pressure

-offset vs voltage vs pressure.

So, it is notably lacking a low slope, breakpoint, and min. PW.

Online, they are XLS files for calibration, with more data. But they seemed to be geared towards a GM table structure.

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome to my world. I get vehicles often that have odd-ball injectors with no known data. In those cases you will have to dial in the injector data yourself.

I set up a histogram that plots fuel error across RPM at 250 rpm intervals and each maf period in your maf transfer.

Based on how the table trends I make my corrections so there are minimal fuel errors. In order to do so easily / correctly you must have a good known maf curve. The objective is to dial in the injectors so the fuel error is consistent across the board without making any maf corrections.

Read over my fuel write up for more understanding. http://www.efidynotuning.com/fuel.htm

That write up is mostly aimed toward the older ecu's but the basics are the same. When time allows I will be updating that fueling write up to include powerpc and copperhead specific components as well and go in to more detail as far as dialing in injectors. If anything is unclear just ask and I'll clarify.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Yeah, no kidding.

I have been through this process already tuning MU52 injectors to run well on a Coyote fuel system. AED, for example, won't even touch that combination because he hasn't been able to calibrate it well.

Using a stock GT500 MAF housing, which has solid calibration data gave me the foundation to do that. From there I had to wire in a MAP sensor and rail pressure sensor, to correct the SD and inferred rail pressure tables. This was on my personal DD, which let me iterate the calibration over a ton of revisions, covering a range of ambient conditions.

I have gotten pretty good with my histogram setup in teasing out what the strongest correction needed is (slope, offset, breakpoint, or modifier of one of those). Then rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the offer, I will definitely read through your write-up (and look forward to Copperhead specific updates), to see if I can add any tools to my toolbox.

The customer started with a JLT MAF housing, which, in my experience, are a shit-show, calibration wise. Luckily, he also had a GT500, so we quickly switched to that.

One issue I am seeing on these injectors, is that because of the flow rate, it spends a lot of low-load operation at very small PWs. and the delivery seems super inconsistent down there.

Trying to enforce a minimum PW of say .45 ms, and it will end up pinned there, running too rich. Maybe my tune is missing something that would allow injector cut in some of these cases.

Advanced Tuner
    I've done countless JLT CAI's and never had any issues with them. The maf transfer for them is on my website direct link- http://www.efidynotuning.com/maf.htm

Its impossible to properly dial in injectors if you clip the minimum pulsewidth. Its imperative you see how they flow on decel in order to dial in the low slope and offset.

I'll be moving the fuel write up to the top of my to do list. Will post back when I finish revising it.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    I've done countless JLT CAI's and never had any issues with them. The maf transfer for them is on my website direct link- http://www.efidynotuning.com/maf.htm

Its impossible to properly dial in injectors if you clip the minimum pulsewidth. Its imperative you see how they flow on decel in order to dial in the low slope and offset.

I'll be moving the fuel write up to the top of my to do list. Will post back when I finish revising it.

I'm not saying that you can't find a calibration that works for a JLT. But you can't dial in new injectors and an unknown MAF curve at the same time, very efficiently.

Here is a snip of the MAF curve provided by JLT for their 123mm MAF housing on request:

JLT trash curve.jpg

Their company opinion is that the burden of calibrating their product falls on every individual tuner, not them; and that any tuner who takes issue with that isn't qualified.

Back to these AUS injectors:

They replied to me and sent a more detailed calibration spreadsheet, with all the data needed for Copperhead PCM tables.

I immediately noticed that the high and low slopes were wrong. Possibly just mislabeled in (lb/s), but should have been (kg/s). After asking them, they confirmed they were totally wrong, not just the units. They gave me new values and I punched everything in.

The car ran with trims near -30% all the time. So much for good mfg calibration. So, using their numbers as a baseline, I will dig back into trimming them in against my known GT500 MAF curve.

Advanced Tuner
    see 2 posts up ^^

put the actual jlt maf in and simply dial in the injectors
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    see 2 posts up ^^

put the actual jlt maf in and simply dial in the injectors

I only see one JLT curve on your site, and it doesn't say the size. Don't they make 110mm, 123mm, etc? I tune mostly PD blower Coyotes, so they tend to use GT500 MAFs.
    Last edited by CCS86; 10-09-2019 at 10:49 PM.

I have tuned countless coyotes with AUS injectors without any issues, PM me if you still need help or injector data.
    Our Shop: VectorMotorsports.com
    Personal Builds: @moorethrottle
    2010 F1X ProCharged Camaro SS 427
    2014 TVS2650 Supercharged Mustang GT 5.0L
    2018 Ram 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroGirl5 View Post
    I have tuned countless coyotes with AUS injectors without any issues, PM me if you still need help or injector data.

Did you run their injector data, unmodified?

They sent me their Ford calibration sheet directly, which showed the slopes as this:

ALOSL (lb/s) 0.01662948
    AHISL (lb/s) 0.01064248

I immediately knew this was wrong and emailed them back. They confirmed that the values were wrong and gave me these instead:

ALOSL (lb/s) 0.02878591
    AHISL (lb/s) 0.02136467

This makes me skeptical of the rest of the calibration data, especially after seeing how the car fueled. Here is what a log of driving looks like with their calibration. It's so rich that the car went OL at WOT. The fueling at WOT was much closer, so it appears to be an issue mostly with low slope / offset, or a modifier of those.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No, i have modified their data and sent it to them also, not sure why they are sending wrong info. I will contact them and see whats going on.
    Our Shop: VectorMotorsports.com
    Personal Builds: @moorethrottle
    2010 F1X ProCharged Camaro SS 427
    2014 TVS2650 Supercharged Mustang GT 5.0L
    2018 Ram 2500 Limited 6.4L Hemi

Okay, good to know!

I have been in touch with Ricardo, and 10 days ago he promised to reach out to a tuning shop that uses their injectors for some insight. I have pinged him a few more times and he still hasn't gotten anything back to me.