Thread: check this crap out

Tuner

check this crap out

Car's RPM's were up to like a grand which I kept at 760 or 800....I pulled the tune to have a fresh one and my low idle was set to 1 RPM, yes 1....I was like WTF over...I had to go back like 5 tunes to find one that had not been corrupted...Computer is new, only used to tune and the only thing I did different was download Beta...I made HP aware now Im letting yall know. When I tried to raise the RPM's it gave me a proceed at your own risk because it was out of parameters...Setting my low idle to 800 from 1 was out of parameters....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk...I had to go back months to find one that hadn't been touched and luckily I wrote everything down... It even turned my tuner friend that knows more than me who sent me a file to get rid of torque management to 1...Explain that shit! Anyways if yall starthaving something jacked up make sure to go in and glance at EVERTHING so you don't get thrown for a loop

Advanced Tuner
    Wow. That's odd.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure if it is related but I have always noticed when copying parameters, save and reopen the some values seem to change slightly and cannot be changed to the exact value copied. Seems to be across all versions.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-07-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Its called Beta for a reason........

Tuner
    yeah but when I talked to them on the phone they said its perfectly fine and don't worry about it....How it was able to get a hold of another file sent to me was really weird...

Advanced Tuner
    What I don't understand about the beta versions is why the "check for update" does not always find the latest update? For example, just checked for updates through the software and it said no new updates but then I went to the download page and sure enough there was a new version. Not only that, you need to start the install of the msi file in order to find out the version.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-08-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    What I don't understand about the beta versions is why the "check for update" does not always find the latest update? For example, just checked for updates through the software and it said no new updates but then I went to the download page and sure enough there was a new version. Not only that, you need to start the install of the msi file in order to find out the version.
    Yup, me 2. This is exactly what I do as well. The update feature never really gives you any indication of any new beta rev.

I have that issue on my laptop but when i was using my gf's laptop it always found updates. Weird. Maybe it's a firewall thing.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    I have that issue on my laptop but when i was using my gf's laptop it always found updates. Weird. Maybe it's a firewall thing.
    I don't think so. I have VCM on 4 different machines (2 laptop, a desktop and a win tablet) and 2 different OS (win 7 and win 10). Also one of the laptops runs on a completely different network and all machines have this problem. Next time you check for an update and VCM says there are none, go to the beta download link and start the install. That was the only way I saw that there was an update but the software said there was not.

Advanced Tuner
    So the other night I installed beta 4.5.748. Just checked for an update and nothing showed up.
    update.JPG
    Went to the beta download and there is 4.5.760.
    site.JPG
    The software does see update sometimes but it's usually after a week or so from the last update installed.

BTW not complaining just pointing this out. Glad to own an HP tuner...way more capable than the alternative.
    Last edited by Homer; 10-08-2019 at 10:35 PM.

There is most definitely some sort of issue with it. But honestly her laptop always gave me the updates and mine didn't, I even had them both working at one point for tuning and hers always showed updates when mine didn't. What i do now is just download the latest beta every night and there's 9/10 a new version for new unlocked pcms mostly.

So can we write with the Beta?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kronalogi.wireless@gmail. View Post
    Yes you can read, log and write tunes with beta version just use at your own risk.