Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Pre Order Question - Licences vs Controllers

  1. #1
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Pre Order Question - Licences vs Controllers

    So i am looking at tuners and i am considering buying this one. I have a LS1 with a full harness PCM fuse box and transmission wiring. My question is as follows. If i license an enhancement without burning a stock tune will only 2 licenses be required for this? One for the stock read and one for the enhancement burn. Second question to this is, If i want to tune my 4L80E will this chew up another license on the same vehicle? Sorry if this has been covered else ware. I am just attempting to understand the license system and how much this will cost in total.

    I have been tuning with megasquirt for many many years. With Megasquirt if i can connect to it i can tune it so the license system is a touch foreign to me. I want to do this car without chopping up the stock harness if i can. Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Tuning Addict 5FDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Rogers, MN
    It's just two credits period for that type of computer. Once you license the computer that is it. OS upgrades like a speed density OS enhancement have been free for many many years.

    The 4L80e using that computer doesn't have a transmission control module either, the engine and transmission are controlled by the PCM only. Making the 4L80e work a stock LS1 computer is another story, you have to do something else to possibly make that work but that is also free to do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.