Thread: HP will not read hardware (displays "SKIPPED") and doesnt read vehicle

HP will not read hardware (displays "SKIPPED") and doesnt read vehicle

I open up the latest version of Editor, and connect to my vehicle, when I click Gather Info, it gets the make and model, then I click read vehicle, and where the "hardware" drop down is, its blank, and beside it it says "skipped" and then takes about 2 seconds to "read" the vehicle... I know when it works correctly it takes 2+ min to read the vehicle. This is now the second Ford that Ive had the issue with, support has only suggested downloading and installing the latest software version which I've already done. Any help is appreciated.

Update: I have now tried a 3rd Ford and its doing the exact same thing...

This happens with previously tuned and locked ford diesels for me including my personal power stroke. If I put it back to stock I can read no problem but tuned all it will read is ficm and tcm but will not read pcm. What?s your specific application?

Quote Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
    This happens with previously tuned and locked ford diesels for me including my personal power stroke. If I put it back to stock I can read no problem but tuned all it will read is ficm and tcm but will not read pcm. What?s your specific application?
    The 3 vehicles this has happened to me on have never previously been tuned, as far as I can tell. We are just starting to use HP and have been hooking up to different cars and just getting a feel for it as a tool. None of them have been diesels. Ive submitted tickets to HP tuners, and have gotten no help. Really disappointed with their lack of support.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by yokleysautomotive View Post
    The 3 vehicles this has happened to me on have never previously been tuned, as far as I can tell. We are just starting to use HP and have been hooking up to different cars and just getting a feel for it as a tool. None of them have been diesels. Ive submitted tickets to HP tuners, and have gotten no help. Really disappointed with their lack of support.
    I'm working with Chris to get your issues resolved, unfortunately our DB has no information on either of the vin's so the software isn't sure what ecm to try in the list of ecm's. The only two vehicles I saw referenced in your ticket were an 05 Taurus and a 2012 Eseries van. Thank you for your patience while we work to get your issues resolved.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Im having the same issue.