I have been slowly but surely plugging away at a 99 suburban that I dropped a 6.0 Gen 3 ls into and have been learning a bunch along the way. I also have a 72 chevelle that I built a relatively mild small block for (around 375 hp) In my research on the 99 truck a lot of people were swapping in the 411 pcm and tuning it with a express van tune and that got me thinking. Currently I have a MSD 6AL box and a carb. I have all the stuff from my Vortec 350 (distributor, timing cover, cam sensor,...) I am just wondering if I used a express van tune if I could run fuel injection setup on this engine. A few things that I would need to figure out that pop in my head right off the bat is 1. I am not sure if the timing components from the Vortec will work with my block since this block does not have the provision for a cam plate and if I use the plastic timing cover I think I need that cam plate. 2. I can weld in the injector bungs no problem to my intake which is a Single plane torker 2. but what fuel rails would work with that runner spacing? I actually have a 411 pcm out of a 01 express van already and I actually have a 411 pcm out of a 99 ls1 firebird. Not sure if the LS pcm would be do-able since it would need a crank signal and a cam signal.

What everyone's thoughts

P.s. my reasoning for keeping the small block and not just LS swapping it. 1. everyone just ls swaps everything. 2. I have a set of nice coated headers that cost a lot of money, 3. I have a lot of money tied up in my cylinder heads and bottom end. 4. I like the way this engine sound!