Thread: Learning to Tune

Potential Tuner

Learning to Tune

call me crazy, but i have a 2018 Camaro ss with M6. I am new to the HPtuners, so how do the credits for tuning exactly work? I see something about 4 on the Hptuner website so it that all i need to get or does every time i make change to the PCM require a credit?

Tuner
    once you unlock the pcm in your car for 4 credits, unlimited writes. anyone elses car , additional credits

A license is a one time deal. Once you have the factory file licensed you can change/alter the tune an unlimited amount of times at no cost.

If you wish to license the fuel pump control module or need to license the transmission control module on some vehicles that is an extra cost but your 6 speed manual car will not have a TCM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I have a 1.4l turbo and 6spd auto trans out of a 2014 Cruze. I read your previous post about maybe having to have more than 2 credits to do engine ECM and tcm for same, can you tell if I will need more than 2 credits?

Look up your vehicle on the supported vehicles list on the main website. That will show you the amount of credits required to license the PCM and TCM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks If I used my head for it's real purpose instead of a hat rack o-boy

Potential Tuner
    Thanks to all, appreciate it