Thread: kr on launch. l67 with e85

kr on launch. l67 with e85

Man where do i start with this. First off I'm willing to pay someone that can help me figure out how to fix this. I've tried a couple of different things to pin down this kr problem played with the ae, tried to adjust the knock sensors a little I've replaced all the mounts cant find anything rubbing tapped on the block while its running for shits and giggles.

axles are ac delcos about 2 years old trans was rebuilt last summer with a new converter. car runs really good otherwise and it never pulls timing during any wot pulls. but damn near every time when i snap the throttle from a dig at about 20% this m,fer shows a kr spike. it makes it really hard to launch at the track when its pulling timing like that.

Today i added 10% to the ae table and followed russ k,s way to desensitize the knock sensors just to see if any effects it might have. i almost think that its trans related. i notice that in most cases it pulls timing as soon as i see 1 mph. i am asking for any insight.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2001 monte carlo swapped l67 on e85
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    speed daddy headers 3inch exhaust
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    cold air filter behind bumper
    60 lb injectors

its easy turn off knock sensor HAHA. this is so extrange. what hapen with fuel? its good? fuel pressure. timing advance ?

kinda dont feel to froggy with turning off the knock sensors, fuel is e85, pressure is at 50 psi timing is 1 deg less that the car had with it was dyno tuned.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    You're running beyond MBT in most spots with high IAT's that aren't being corrected in the IAT spark table. You're going to have to accept lowering spark.

Don't exceed MBT. In fact, with higher boost, MBT will be lower at the higher pressures. Believe it or not you'll gain torque by lowering spark.

Just dropped timing 3 degrees on the drive to work. With same results Car runs fine in other rpm areas will post log when I get home.
    XP cam
    gen5 m90
    NorthStar throttle body
    3.0 pulley
    lq4 maf
    60 lb injectors

Senior Tuner
    It'll probably take a lot more than that. You should be logging cylinder airmass to find where exactly knock occurs. It's easy enough to load the factory timing tables to see if knock goes away. Then you'll at least know if it's real or not.