Thread: Best method for VVE tuning

Tuner in Training

Best method for VVE tuning

Whats the best approach to tuning the VVE on a 2015 Tahoe L83(5.3L) currently bone stock. I am trying to familiarize myself w/GEn V before doing a CAI, LT headers, & Cam. Would it be OL WB err, CL LT/STFT err?

I'm new hear but my thoughts would be using a wideband, setting up a histogram that matches the vve table. Copying and past special by % 1/2 and then interpolation edges where there are abrupt changes from cell to cell (maybe a change of 60 or more). Also, make sure your zones are set up so you have good resolution. Meaning, smaller zones where you are actually in and leaving unused zones larger.

Sorry didn't address your specific question. Ol, WB err in my opinion. Leaving PE on

Tuner in Training
    Also whats the correct way for OL? I maxed out the LTFT ECT and Maxed out CL enalbe delay, and those 3 changes didn't stop CL from enabling. Do i need to Zero the O2 readiness Voltage?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tlwarren08 View Post
    Also whats the correct way for OL? I maxed out the LTFT ECT and Maxed out CL enalbe delay, and those 3 changes didn't stop CL from enabling. Do i need to Zero the O2 readiness Voltage?
    you should just need to put a "-" negative sign in from of the o2 voltage, that should keep it in OL

my 2018 silverado wont go into open loop with just the negative O2 readiness value. Best way is to force it with the scanner and double check the PID to make sure its really in open loop.