Thread: 2000 Malibu With Line Pressure Problems

Potential Tuner

2000 Malibu With Line Pressure Problems

I recently tuned my 2000 malibu with a 3.1 motor. After disabling some torque management. I went out and drove it. When it shifted, it felt like it was slipping, not wanting to hurt anything, I put it back to stock tune. Now when I am driving, while in 2nd and 3rd gears, at part throttle I get some slipping. Using the scanner, I can see my line pressure dropping and my rpm's spiking. While my sensors are all reading good. I took it in to a tranny place and they could not give me a definate answer but there guess was a ecw solinoid or something like that. It would cost 700.00 to fix. I am pretty sure that it is not my transmission because when I change my force motor current to add more pressure the problem goes away. Is it possible that my pcm could be messed up. Or am I missing something? Help, this is my everyday driver!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ever notice your line pressure is set at 22 at wot basically on the 2-3 shift?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/customers/tune.php?

enter any year grand am and Xon's files will come up.
    The third is the one you want, but remember, that file is use at own risk! You can also just take what you need from it and paste to your file and write calibration only
    Last edited by MMGT1; 09-24-2006 at 07:18 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I see what your talking about, question though, when I see the problem the most is when I command it to second gear and go from a dead stop to full throttle it slips about 4 times before getting up to speed. would setting this chart to higher numbers fix this, or is this just for the 2-3 shift? If I need to I can send a copy of a scan and you can see exactly what is happening.

Potential Tuner
    MMGT1 I would like to try what you are saying to kind of get a reference to what numbers I should be at. Do I need to go to the link that you gave, or where do I type in this info? thanks for the help!

Senior Tuner
    Go to the link, download the third file for trans, copy tables from Xon's file and paste to yours...(transmission values only!!) again this is a use at your own risk file.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

^^^^^^^Go here first and spend some time before you go any further!!
    Last edited by MMGT1; 09-24-2006 at 08:21 PM.