Thread: 8l90 Strange shudder and shifting

Tuner

8l90 Strange shudder and shifting

I have a 2016 Camaro 2SS with a 8l90 transmission. I am having a weird issue after driving for 5-10 minutes around town the car will shift up into 8th gear then downshift then upshift. I then seem to get a shudder cruising around 45-50 low rpm. There also seems to be a clunking or metal clanging noise coming from the rear of the car. I checked for any loose bolts and looked at driveshaft and half shafts. I don't see anything out of place. I have attached a log file of the last time I had it out

Attachment 93725

Attachment 93726 .

Theirs a GM recall for this. Most are covered under warranty and require a trans and torque converter flush with a new fluid. Might want to look into that.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    Theirs a GM recall for this. Most are covered under warranty and require a trans and torque converter flush with a new fluid. Might want to look into that.
    Thanks for your response. I don't have dod or AFM and I have a circle d converter. This strange shudder and shifting has just began happening. I don't think the fluid is causing this issue. I'm debating on bringing it to the dealership.

Tuner
    I would appreciate some feedback on this. Please take a look and let me know. Thanks