Thread: E38 cutting fuel.

Tuner in Training

E38 cutting fuel.

Hi.

I have a LS7 with a E38 ECU as a stand alone system.
    The problem is that when the car/engine or ecu gets hot it shuts off the fuel pump. After a minute or two i can start it again.
    Initially i thought i was a bad fuel relay, so i swapped it. It did not work, and then i swapped it to a aeromotive fuel pump controller. That did not work either. If i hardwire the pump to a +12v power source it runs fine.

So now i am suspecting that the tune might have anything to do with it.
    Anybody know?

Thanks
    Tommy
    LS7_Last.hpt

Tuner
    I had a similar problem 3+ years ago. I upgraded the FP wiring and then never had a problem. The reputable dual pump vendor assured me that their wiring is fine, as-is and that the problem was likely (something like), the wires were over-tightened on the relay. IDK for sure.

Potential Tuner
    Im having exactly the same issue. But using a vaporworx fuel controller, all wiring is new and double checked. Is it possible it is somewhere in the tune ?

Potential Tuner
    So I logged what is going on and the ecu is turning off the fuel pump when the fan kicks in at 90 c .I am no whizz at this tuning game, does anyone have any ideas as to why it would do this ? Current tune attached

Also log attached, action happens at 17.34.30fuel pump switch off.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sluggy; 10-29-2019 at 04:36 AM.