Thread: Decreasing Lope

Potential Tuner

Decreasing Lope

Hi guys,

The engine that I swapped into my car came with an EPS 228/240 113 +2 .629"/.604" camshaft, and to no surprise it lopes very aggressively, which is drawing a lot of unwanted attention to my car in public.

I've lightly played with the overspeed/underspeed and idle speed boxes to try and make it idle smoothly, but since the lope is a mechanical characteristic of the camshaft, it seems like it's not doing much.

Is there anything else I should play with to decrease the lope?

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 9.57.52 PM.jpg

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its best to post a log of the idle, it could be over correcting. also higher engine speed and more ignition/fueling can drop the sound alot
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Awesome. I'll grab a log. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    More base timing will definitely soften the idle. I like mine to sound as tame as possible (with 19* of overlap) with no fake chop at all - so I have about 20* and very little adaptive idle going on - you can turn it right off in the scanner with no noticeable difference. Fuel and min air needs to be right to accomplish that, but you will definitely get a softer more natural idle than the chop chop chop of the adaptives doing a saw tooth from 5* to 35* and back every 500ms. That cam has 8* of overlap, it shouldn't be too rowdy if you don't want it to be, but you won't ever get it super smooth - just more natural sounding.