Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Pump settings with BAP and DW400

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    90% of you posts are about disagreeing, demanding evidence, arguing with everybody. Pure poison.

If this is what you describe as beautiful fueling there's a long way ahead of you...

P.S.
    You are pegging your LOAD, your SD model is off. But I'm sure you will have a different approach. Good luck.

100% of my posts are based on quantifiable evidence, and if I am speculating, I openly disclose that. If I don't know something, I ask questions. And if I am wrong I admit it and learn something new.

You make inaccurate claims and get all pissy when asked to provide some basis for them. You claim I "gave the advice that 85%+ DC "is fine"" and then dodge it when asked where I gave that advice.

On that log I posted: not sure if you are drunk or completely unqualified.

Let's take a look, shall we?

roll-on3.jpg

Your claim: "If this is what you describe as beautiful fueling there's a long way ahead of you..."

Tell me one thing that is wrong with the fueling shown here. STFTs and actual EQ stay right on target, despite transient ETC motion. That is harder to achieve than simply holding WOT for the whole pass.

Your claim: "your SD model is off"

How so? You see that blue trend in the second group? That is calc MAP / actual MAP. It is within +/- 2% of dead on with a PD blower. Tell me how that is achievable with a bad SD model.

As far as "pegging my load". The tires break loose at the end of that pull, and RPM is rising fast enough to keep steady load as MAF also increases. It might be just barely clipping at 1.745. I'll check it out. My TQ tables scale to 1.8 and the inverse has headroom too.

Here's what happens next: you dodge all these direct questions, make another pissy personal insult, and ignore the fact that you have been proven wrong yet again.
    Last edited by CCS86; 10-16-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Appreciate all the suggestions. I’ll update when I have some time to do some pulls.

DW has a Mustang specific kits and has a venturi. DW provides a corrugated nylon tube for venturi but they are prone to fail especially on E85.
    Better use a good submersible gasoline hose - GATES has a very good one.

Walbro 450LPH has no venturi so you need to fabricate a T, it's much cheaper tho. It comes with a kit that contains a piece of good gasoline hose and a sock.
    It will fit you OEM hat but requires some trimming. I prefer this one because DW400 cost 3x more on this side of the pond.

The best way to hook up a sensor on a late model Mustang:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Rail-A...72.m2749.l2649

You can use this sensor:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...589b4c4dncBXAH

Alternatively you can grab stock 2018 fuel rail that has a fuel pressure sensor but that's not even close to be p&p.

This is something you need to start with - if your inferred pressure tables are off your whole tune will be off.
    You can try Roush inferred values for starter - will be way closer than stock values.
    I do have the mpvi pro so I?m assuming that would provide the 5v for the sensor. I don?t have the pin outs readily accessible. Thanks again for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by RSlo View Post
    I do have the mpvi pro so I?m assuming that would provide the 5v for the sensor. I don?t have the pin outs readily accessible. Thanks again for all the help.
    3 wires: 5V, GND and SIGNAL - very easy. Transfer function to convert sensor voltage to pressure - also very easy. MPVI analog inputs has everything you need.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-17-2019 at 09:43 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    DW400 or Walbro works fine for me - and I prefer it over BAP. You need to hook up an external pressure sensor and tweak your inferred fuel pressure tables.

700 to the wheel on 100 octane RON on twin turd no issues.
    Those numbers only give a small piece of information, when I had a BAP and DW400 it wouldn't support 600rwhp on 93 with 52lb injectors yet my dual pump return style system supports 600rwhp on 93 with 47lb injectors. Absolutely a fuel pressure gauge would've shown a lack of fuel pressure with the BAP and DW400, exactly my point.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Those numbers only give a small piece of information, when I had a BAP and DW400 it wouldn't support 600rwhp on 93 with 52lb injectors yet my dual pump return style system supports 600rwhp on 93 with 47lb injectors. Absolutely a fuel pressure gauge would've shown a lack of fuel pressure with the BAP and DW400, exactly my point.

I agree.

I think that the factory hard line from the tank to the firewall is responsible for a lot of pressure drop at high flow rates.

I see about a 10 psi drop in rail pressure from idle to full flow rate, using a stock pump with upgraded wiring, and aftermarket fuel rails. A customer with the same build, minus the rails, put a BAP on and we saw no reduction in duty cycle. To me this says that even at stock voltage, the factory pump has no problem holding the mechanically limited pressure at the pump. All the observed pressure drop comes from restriction in the line. I would wager than just replacing the fuel line from the tank to the firewall would net a measurable drop in duty cycle, where a BAP did not.

Roush Stage 1 makes 570rwhp on a stock pump and 47's. Stage 2 comes with BAP still stock pump.

52's are too small to support 700 rwhp, you need 80's for that kind of power on 93 in returnless. Injectors will support more on higher pressure hence you can make more on return style and 47's. You need to rate injectors differently for both systems.

As noted pressure drop is a downside of big pump in returnless system but inferred tables can compensate for that. Of course return style is way better.
    However DW400 or Walbro 450 will support 700 rwhp. DW is hit and miss with quality.

I have logs and dyno sheets with 700 wheel on RON 100 on stock lines/rail and Walbro upgrade if you want a solid proof.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-17-2019 at 11:10 AM.

2FDB400F-5B7D-4E46-975E-FE4B51C10F04.png

Ok found Pinouts. So the output or signal from sensor go to A/D input? Is the 5V supplied by a device out? Or do I need to find a 5V regulator? Thanks!
    Last edited by RSlo; 10-18-2019 at 01:57 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

I have logs and dyno sheets with 700 wheel on RON 100 on stock lines/rail and Walbro upgrade if you want a solid proof.
    a. on what application? 11-14 or 15+?
    b. on what injectors?

I mean you could throw in some 1050x injectors and be able to support 700 wheel even on shitty pressure so thats not really an accomplishment, more of a crutch.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

a. on what application? 11-14 or 15+?
    b. on what injectors?

I mean you could throw in some 1050x injectors and be able to support 700 wheel even on shitty pressure so thats not really an accomplishment, more of a crutch.
    S550 turbo, LU80, Walbro pump - holds just fine. AFR is smooth. Want some logs?

Like I said return style is always better but really not needed for that power level on pump gas(good gas like RON 100) and it's far from being a "crutch".
    I know everything runs on corn in US - corn juice you need to go double on your fuel system no doubt about it. Car tuned on E85 is so limited.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.

2FDB400F-5B7D-4E46-975E-FE4B51C10F04.png

Ok found Pinouts. So the output or signal from sensor go to A/D input? Is the 5V supplied by a device out? Or do I need to find a 5V regulator? Thanks!
    You need 5V power supply. You can get stabilized 5V form A/C sensor or IMRC position sensor.

You need 5V power supply. You can get stabilized 5V form A/C sensor or IMRC position sensor.
    Thanks!

If this is what you describe as beautiful fueling there's a long way ahead of you...

P.S.
    You are pegging your LOAD, your SD model is off. But I'm sure you will have a different approach. Good luck.

Not going to retract your claims, or back them up?

Why should anyone listen to your advice when you recklessly throw around false claims?

Thanks!
    No problem, let me know if you need any OEM diagrams to catch proper wires but multimeter should be enough.
    Last edited by veeefour; 10-18-2019 at 04:33 PM.