Thread: Application Key

Application Key

Trying to get my application key. Looks like the website has changed since I've logged in last and I read you need to create a new account and open a support ticket to receive your app key. I've tried several times to open a ticket. Every time I waste my time in filling out the form, and I get a "Oops something went wrong" message on the next page.

Can someone at HPT let me know what to do?
    Last edited by oakley6575; 10-14-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

I don't remember needing to email support at all. Just re-made my account, added my MPVI to my devices page to re-sync it all and it was all there. But again this was over a year ago.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Where did you get your application key from? In order to add my device, its asking for serial number and application key. The only place I knew I could find my app key was when I logged in to the old site..

Oh, that.

Open your VCM editor. Then click the blue information dot up top, then click the dot again on the little window. That will give you your current APP key, then enter that in to the website dealio.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks bud but this is a new laptop and I don't have access to the old laptop. Need my app key to add my device and to add to VCM editor. Seems like support will have to provide it based on my MPVI serial number. Just can't get a support ticket created. I've been trying for half a day. Not sure what is going on.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by oakley6575 View Post
    Thanks bud but this is a new laptop and I don't have access to the old laptop. Need my app key to add my device and to add to VCM editor. Seems like support will have to provide it based on my MPVI serial number. Just can't get a support ticket created. I've been trying for half a day. Not sure what is going on.
    you can email support at hptuners.com instead of filling out a ticket in a pinch.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    you can email support at hptuners.com instead of filling out a ticket in a pinch.
    Thanks Bill. Sent an email in this morning.

Tuner
    Hey just a little feedback you might want to pass on to the developers of the software... as a new user with an MPVI2 I was confused about the requirement for application keys (it turns out a key is not required if using the MPVI2). And searching here it seems like I'm not the only one with questions about that, and there's a lot of confusing and conflicting information available.

All the developers would have to do is put a line of red text at the top of the "Enter application key" window stating "An application key is not required when using an MPVI2 interface" and you'd have a lot fewer confused customers and I bet a lot fewer support cases!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    Hey just a little feedback you might want to pass on to the developers of the software... as a new user with an MPVI2 I was confused about the requirement for application keys (it turns out a key is not required if using the MPVI2). And searching here it seems like I'm not the only one with questions about that, and there's a lot of confusing and conflicting information available.

All the developers would have to do is put a line of red text at the top of the "Enter application key" window stating "An application key is not required when using an MPVI2 interface" and you'd have a lot fewer confused customers and I bet a lot fewer support cases!
    Thanks for your feedback, its been in our software since 4.5 was released several months ago
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    4.5... you mean the beta version, right? I thought the release version was still 4.4.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    4.5... you mean the beta version, right? I thought the release version was still 4.4.
    4.5 is the beta version, we will not be changing 4.4 so as to not introduce any bugs.