Thread: about tuning

Potential Tuner

about tuning

I would like to know a little about tuning the GM V4 engine using HP
    Can anyone recommend some teaching materials on tuning
    thank you

Tuner
    You tell me what car GM put a v4 engine in, and I?ll direct you to any training you want......

On a more serious note, read the stickys, also read the sticky?s on the v8 forums, the software is the same (mostly) and there?s more v8 guys than 4 cyl guys.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you really need to be more specific on the engine because there are 5 different ecu's styles that im aware of, and they all have different tuning procedures.
    so while your at it, what is the engine model you are seeking information about: lk9, lsj, lnf/a20nht/a20nft, ldk, le5, l61, le5, lap, ltg, lcv?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    for ltg
    can you help me

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You will need to read up on tuning virtual ve (VVE). Im not sure if the LTG has an oem installed wideband or not. I didn't spend a lot of time tuning past 2011 ecotec platforms so i'm out of the loop on the newest stuff like the LTG. It should be very similar to the VVE tuning performed in the Gen4 V8 section minus the differences in boost and traction control. Look up Goat Rope Garage on youtube. He has better quality videos than i do and i'm not going to be updating my videos any time soon so your better off talking with him and watching his videos.

A few users still comment on the newer tuning methods so i'm sure they would be willing to continue offering aid. Wish i could help more but my remaining knowledge stops at the LNF and some minor stuff in the LDK.

If you ask in the Gen4 Section for any companies that offer instruction or tuning information related to VVE i'm sure you should get a reply. As this method is common between platforms, the information should remain relevant since your just short 4 cylinders.
    Im not sure if ED is back but you can ask him at ERMperformancetuning.com for tuning help. He has tuning school type packages and guided stuff last i heard.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman