Thread: ls7 injector help

Potential Tuner

ls7 injector help

this is my first post so bare with me ..
    i have a mild built 6.0 in my silverado running a p59 ecu. i have bosch 36# @43.5 psi injectors in the truck now and it runs ok but im having injector firing issues. i purchased a set of fast 39# ls3/7 style injectors to replace them with but they came with no data. am i to assume that factory zo6 ls7 injector data will work for these and if so does anyone have that data on file for a p59 silverado computer.

Advanced Tuner
    Here you go, also FAST injector suck for that reason alone.l. no data. Next time just get real ls3/7 injecotors.

Hopfully this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Potential Tuner
    how do iattach my tune file so it can be viewed. id like some more seasoned tuners eyes to look over things and let me know what icouldimprove

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    select Go Advanced on the post box and from there you can have access to more post related tools including attachments.

i use FIC injectors. They have all the gm data and have many options to choose from for different applications. I choose injectors that meet my horsepower goals while doing so at 80% duty cycle. there are many calculators to help you come up with a flow rate number to meet these requirements. 80% allows 15% duty cycle head room in case its needed and its technically the smallest one available to suite an application which usually means your short pulse behavior is always easier to deal with than just running some fat ass injectors that only get operated at 50% duty wot because they are so overspec'd.

as always the oem injectors are very nice to have and can be found fairly cheap. The injector information can be found in the tune repository and there is an excel sheet calculator floating around to help convert Gen4 data to Gen3 data making the swap a breeze.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 10-16-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    ok sweet. thanks for all the info. im still learning all the different parameters of hptuners software. im basicly teaching myself how to tune by using my truck and help from the forum . ill post my tune file when i get off work in the morning. been on nights for 2 months now.

Potential Tuner
    my tune original.hpt

this is my tune as it sits now with gtp 36# bosch injectors