Thread: Return Fuel System Tuning 80lb Injectors

Tuner in Training

Return Fuel System Tuning 80lb Injectors

Can someone go through my tune to see if its somewhat correct with the injector tables? having a hard time understanding the offset tables and pretty much just everything with return fuel tuning. car has a turbo and regulator set to 43 with siemens deka 80lb injectors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why is your flow rate set to 40lb/hr when you say you have 80lb/hr injectors? I don't have the deka data but that one setting is for sure wrong. You'll likely have to cut the minimum fuel milligrams but half or more with those larger injectors to stop it from being rich at idle too.

Set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error for speed density. Make sure the MAP data is correct. You also have PE disabled with one of your settings. COT needs to disabled too as I assume the cat converter is gone and so is the rear o2 sensors being a turbo car. Those codes and settings need to be done as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Why is your flow rate set to 40lb/hr when you say you have 80lb/hr injectors? I don't have the deka data but that one setting is for sure wrong. You'll likely have to cut the minimum fuel milligrams but half or more with those larger injectors to stop it from being rich at idle too.

Set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error for speed density. Make sure the MAP data is correct. You also have PE disabled with one of your settings. COT needs to disabled too as I assume the cat converter is gone and so is the rear o2 sensors being a turbo car. Those codes and settings need to be done as well.
    i had it set to 40 with flow rate mult vs volts set to 2 which cuts the flow rate in half according to a thread i was reading. basically scaling the injectors down, but i dont think i need to do that. anyway i think i have it all figured out now and will try on the car tonight and see if i can get it to run decent. tip in was way lean and i was chasing the afr due to bad injector data hopefully. heres the current tune
    Attached Files Attached Files