Thread: No lift shift

Advanced Tuner

No lift shift

I saw in another forum that some guy said no lift shift can be done via tuning. Is that true? I don't see how this is possible with the GPEC2A controller without adding some type of aftermarket device.
    https://www.hellcat.org/threads/wot-shifting.114481/

Senior Tuner
    Quick and easy way to get it somewhat working is pull a bunch of timing at higher RPM. So maybe set rev limiter to 7k and change the spark axis to have something like 6750 to 6800 at the end and have 6800 be negative 20 or something like that for spark and 6750 be whatever you're wanting to run WOT. So then if you shift flat foot near that RPM will creep up a bit and it will start pulling timing to ease shift somewhat like auto trans torque management.

I haven't tried it on a Hellcat. Spark only probably won't totallt stop acceleration so make sure your limiter is still set to something safe.

Advanced Tuner
    Not much help, but please stop buying manuals
    New auto trans are so good that you couldn't give me a manual anymore...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Not much help, but please stop buying manuals
    New auto trans are so good that you couldn't give me a manual anymore...
    LoL...I bought it as a theft deterrent...not for drag racing. Was asking about the no lift because I saw someone mention it was tune-able and I was like...no way.

Advanced Tuner
    I think one way you could approach this would be to use the P/N input that is normally used on an auto trans to trigger a lower rev limit. You could use a clutch input to trigger that.

There are some other ideas in the video below that aren't necessarily useful on the Hemi platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deXfz0nTTLU

Advanced Tuner
    From what I have noticed, the PCM does not differentiate from P/N and Drive settings on a manual...everything is controlled by P/N. For example, my idle is controlled by P/N w/AC setting (drive does nothing) and my RPM cutoff limit is also controlled by P/N and not Drive. In fact, my first tune I recieved from API had my RPM capped to 4K because that is the setting for an auto trans.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah true....young crims probably cant even drive a manual these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    LoL...I bought it as a theft deterrent...not for drag racing. Was asking about the no lift because I saw someone mention it was tune-able and I was like...no way.

Tuner in Training
    What about using the torque reduction spark table...that is how the automatic trans cars do it and how the SRT4 stage 1 did it. Looking at the SRT4 table, it went to -20 degrees across the board. In the 2017 Challenger RT it is around -10 degrees when you shift.