Thread: 4L80E WOT Shift Scheduling

Tuner

4L80E WOT Shift Scheduling

After a recent track visit, I began wondering what type of shift scheduling everyone is running. I know this will vary based on the power, hydraulics, slip, clearances, etc. Anyone willing to share their experience? Duration from commanded gear change to actual gear change or shift targets vs redline at power levels.

I tune mostly NA vehicles, but 1 of my personal vehicles is FI. It makes ~1,130rwhp on 24psi (out of fuel pump). Redline is 7,000 RPMs. for reference, I would normally just command a 1-2 shift 4-6mph and <400 RPMs prior to desired shift on NA setups. I was commanding 1-2 shift at 6,500 RPMs and 52mph, which worked decent on wastwgate (6psi). As I turned up the boost (<12psi in 1st), I moved the shift point to 6,000 RPMs and 48mph, and it still bumped the rev limiter before the shift was executed. The commanded shift signal is on target and verified via VCM Scanner so the "triggers" work.

I ended up having to leave the track before I could finish dialing it in, but I'm about to lower the values even more. I didn't realize the time difference between the signal and redline was so close (less than 1 second).

Tuner
    After all of the times I used the Bluecat tool, tonight I noticed a section called "Shift Lead Time". It turns out that I was actually super close with my next file based on the results from the Bluecat tool. I will see how it goes at the next track outing! I'm still interested to see what others are using on higher-ish HP setups.