Thread: buying old mpvi1

Tuner

buying old mpvi1

Hi guys, im thinking of buying a old mpvi1. But the guy doesnt know the email its registered to and has no way of unregistering it so that i can register it in my name and use and buy credits for it. is it possible for me to get it registered in my name if he never unregisters it? need some help here.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    yes i did. I did get a response, but not an answer to my question. the response was i needed proof of ownership which isnt a problem, but then said id have to send in a data log and then they would tell me what would need to be done. Which is kind of a weird answer. I need to know BEFORE i spend alot of money on this devise if im going to be able to re-register it in my name. I dont want to wait until after i buy it to do all this stuff and then they say, yea sure just mail it in, and then i never see it again and am never able to get it registered.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneandoneauto View Post
    yes i did. I did get a response, but not an answer to my question. the response was i needed proof of ownership which isnt a problem, but then said id have to send in a data log and then they would tell me what would need to be done. Which is kind of a weird answer. I need to know BEFORE i spend alot of money on this devise if im going to be able to re-register it in my name. I dont want to wait until after i buy it to do all this stuff and then they say, yea sure just mail it in, and then i never see it again and am never able to get it registered.
    After reviewing your ticket that you submitted on Saturday that was replied to on Saturday we requested the SN of the device in question which is a necessity in this case to determine if it can be registered. Once we get that information we should have no problem with checking the account before you purchase it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"