Thread: LV3 V6 map sensor upgrade and tuning

Tuner in Training

LV3 V6 map sensor upgrade and tuning

I'm new to this forum but I have a few questions about a turboed 2016 LV3 direct injected V6 in my customers rock crawler. We need to upgrade the MAP sensor to a 2 bar and in need of some advice.
    1. What MAP sensor can I upgrade to that will plug and bolt right in if possible?
    2. Where in the settings can I make the adjustment for that new new MAP sensor calibrations and settings?

Tuner in Training
    I have a boosted LV3 as well, and I haven't found a direct bolt in 2 bar yet. A 12592525 is a 3 bar that will bolt right in place, and the Linear and Offset are 312 and -11.3. Engine-Airflow-General-Characteristics I believe is where you'll find the Linear/Offset settings for that MAP.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    I have a boosted LV3 as well, and I haven't found a direct bolt in 2 bar yet. A 12592525 is a 3 bar that will bolt right in place, and the Linear and Offset are 312 and -11.3. Engine-Airflow-General-Characteristics I believe is where you'll find the Linear/Offset settings for that MAP.
    Thank you.
    We seem to have lost the 5V output from the ECM Black connector pin 19. Do you know if we can use any 5V to replace it?

Tuner in Training
    By my schematics, the only pin 19 is the feed to the fuel rail pressure sensor on X2. If you lost that one because of a fused supply or computer issue, you will probably have lost a few 5V's. You would need to be careful using another 5V from another supply (bus) since the low reference would probably be needed as well.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RC1 View Post
    By my schematics, the only pin 19 is the feed to the fuel rail pressure sensor on X2. If you lost that one because of a fused supply or computer issue, you will probably have lost a few 5V's. You would need to be careful using another 5V from another supply (bus) since the low reference would probably be needed as well.
    So far any 5V I bring in doesn't work. Must be an independent and paired volt ref and ground system.