Thread: 13 MustNg 6r80 Trans Tuning w converter

13 Mustang 6r80 Trans Tuning w converter

Hello,

Customer car came in for a trans tune, engine tune was done elsewhere, car is a 5.0 with a centrifical blower and a Circle D converter. Car had major shift flare and soft shifts with it sometimes going into "tip out limit" and having to pull over and shut off the car and restart. Trans tune was completely stock. Ive played with shift points, pressures, adaptives and the trans just doesnt seem happy. Log posted, had to increase the oncoming and offgoing pressures dramatically to get rid of the flare. When slowing down car clunks and bangs when its downshifting. I did a quick WOT 2-3 gear change at the end of log and it revs much higher than I want it too, should I just back down the RPM and MPH? I did disable shift anticipation earlier to try and help some of the part throttlel shifting (not sure if that effects it but I am open to turning this back on). Any tips or info is greatly appreciated. Ive researched the heck out of this the past few days, just want this right. Car has had blower for a while, trans was tune was stock then, shifting problems came about when the converter was changed.. Engine tune is not my work, I know the fuel trims are horrible, I will discuss that with the customer once I get this trans ironed out. Log and tune attached, Thanks

ST 18 1.hpl

ST 18.hpt
    Last edited by Blue-Z; 10-17-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Not sure where to start...you have some serious fueling problems, your MAF curve is all over the place. Timing is being limited with preignition cut
    which is good because 24' is already way too much for this power level - this is asking for a spectacular BOOM. Torque model needs attention - you are pegging your SD model.
    Converter needs tuning but it might be shot already as it's lose to the moon and TCC is not responding correctly.

As far for trans - it's slipping not flaring. You most likely need new clutches.

Slim chance for improper/low fluid level after converter was installed but very slim.

Clipboard04.jpg

Thank you for the reply. Confirmed fluid level. I agree on fueling and timing, car is on 109octane unleaded but still aggressive on the timing. I was just trying to get the trans dialed in and figured it may be damaged if it was being driven around the way it was on stock pressures. Converter is pretty loose, flashes over 4000 rpm.

Thanks for the pic also. I didn?t look at the engine tune too much, car was tuned by a ?well known? tuner, that MAF table is beautiful. 🙄 Should have looked this over better and gotten the whole story before taking this one in. I?ll give some options and customer will have to decide which direction to go. Thanks!!