Thread: Guidance on getting started

Guidance on getting started

Hey all. Name is Anthony and I'm in Pasadena, MD. I've been going to Capitol Raceway a lot and learning to drive my scat pack. Tl;dr hit 11.99 bone stock and now want to take it up a notch, the first path is getting an MPVI2 and an already unlocked PCM coded for my vin. (Plus I met a guy at Capitol that is full bolt ons and uses your product, I immediately geeked out with a million questions.)

So I purchased an already unlocked PCM on lxforums.com and wonder what the process is for getting it coded to my VIN, is this even a thing? The reason I'm asking here is because I do plan to purchase an MPVI2 and would like to get all this taken care off in one swoop so I can ship out the PCM, place my order and when the PCM is ready send it all out to me and let the insanity begin.

Is this the correct place to ask these questions or is this more of a sales person question?
    Hellcat PB > ET: 10.092, MPH: 135.650, 60': 1.492, R/T: .000
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

https://youtube.com/user/fumanchu182

Purchased the MVPI2 anyway, I'm going to need it. I can sort out the PCM issue on the backend.
    Bone Stock Scat Pack PB > ET: 11.612, MPH: 119.52, 60': 1.634, R/T: .000 (gone but not forgotten).

Download VCM Scanner and VCM Editor and start looking at the tunes and logs belonging to other people and engines. Look at HP Tuner You Tube videos. Save a copy of your original tune first before changing it. Save off copies of your progressively better tunes so that you always have something functional to revert to.

Change your VIN only if the Maryland emissions control testers need it to match. Some states only need a tail pipe test and no check engine light illuminated.

Make small changes. Test. Don't make big changes. Be methodical and deliberate.

Rick
    Last edited by B52bombardier1; 10-18-2019 at 05:40 AM.
    1970 Chevrolet El Camino LM7 5.3 liter mill and a 4L60E transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by B52bombardier1 View Post
    Download VCM Scanner and VCM Editor and start looking at the tunes and logs belonging to other people and engines. Look at HP Tuner You Tube videos. Save a copy of your original tune first before changing it. Save off copies of your progressively better tunes so that you always have something functional to revert to.

Change your VIN only if the Maryland emissions control testers need it to match. Some states only need a tail pipe test and no check engine light illuminated.

Make small changes. Test. Don't make big changes. Be methodical and deliberate.

Rick
    Thank you for the information!