Thread: P2138 code

Tuner in Training

P2138 code

Not hp tuners specific. But I need some help. Electronics GURUS. 2008 Trailblazer SS.

I get a P2138 code and reduced power light as soon as I apply the brakes. So what I found out today was that if I ohm out the brake pedal plug and the APP plug, I have continuity on from every pin on the brake to pins a,c,d,f. The only 2 pins that don't have continuity are B and E. So I unplugged the blue ECM connector and lost all continuity. Has my ECM burnt up? Or is there something else I need to know or look for.

Tuner
    P2138 refers to the dbw throttle pedal, had a similar issue on my 2003 turned out to be a u/s throttle body, but check all the pins there first
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post
    P2138 refers to the dbw throttle pedal, had a similar issue on my 2003 turned out to be a u/s throttle body, but check all the pins there first
    I have checked pins and harness thoroughly. But this only acts up when I apply the brake. Engine doesn't even need to be running. If I clear the code and don't apply the brake, I get excellent throttle response and engine runs great. But I can't drive it cuz I need to apply the brake to shift from park. That's why I'm thinking my ECM is smoked. But being an 08 TBSS, it's a pretty specific computer. And being not many TBSS around here to possibly put my ECM into to test, I'm stuck.

Is there a way to tune out any of that "reduced engine power" light?