Thread: Knock sensor voltage

Tuner in Training

Knock sensor voltage

Is there anyway to log knock sensor voltage on an E92(A) ECU? I don't see a PID for it in the scanner but, I could just be missing it.

My thinking is to log the voltages from a safe tune to establish a engine noise baseline. Then you could set the voltages to just above the baseline... kind of like the way the PLEX knock monitor works.

TIA
    2019 Corvette Grand Sport Black

2018 Camaro SS Bright Yellow

Tuner in Training
    Is it safe to assume by the lack of responses that no one knows if this is possible or how?

Potential Tuner

Knock Sensor Voltage

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Is there anyway to log knock sensor voltage on an E92(A) ECU? I don't see a PID for it in the scanner but, I could just be missing it.

My thinking is to log the voltages from a safe tune to establish a engine noise baseline. Then you could set the voltages to just above the baseline... kind of like the way the PLEX knock monitor works.

TIA
    Hi I am also wondering how to log the Knock Sensor voltage. I do see the sensor voltage pid in the choices in the list to choose from but when I choose them and scan I do not get any values populating.
    Did you ever get any answers for this issue?

its a great idea, one that I and many other people wish worked.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GregK View Post
    Hi I am also wondering how to log the Knock Sensor voltage. I do see the sensor voltage pid in the choices in the list to choose from but when I choose them and scan I do not get any values populating.
    Did you ever get any answers for this issue?
    You got further than I did. However, I haven't repolled for new parameters the last few updates.