Thread: Speed Density LTFT's not showing up on Log

Tuner in Training

Speed Density LTFT's not showing up on Log

The car is in speed density mode, it doesn't even have a maf. The LTFT's are enabled, but I must be forgetting to do something for logging because when I take the car out, the fuel trim histogram shows up 0 in all the cells... As great as that would be, I know for a fact the car is running quite lean. What am I forgetting or not doing right? What exactly do I need to change to get it to read the fuel trims?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did you right click and hit load all cells?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    No, I didn't realize this was something I was supposed to do... Am I supposed to do that when I open the histogram or what?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah just right click on the histogram and click load all and it will fill the histogram in.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    did that work for you?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    did that work for you?
    No, I looked at it real quick this morning, and the only thing that does for me is shows me all the cells at once instead of playing it for me, unless I am missing something somewhere.
    When I'm logging, it goes through the motions and goes through all the cells like normal, but they are showing up 0's all across the board. I was thinking maybe I forgot to reset the fuel trims or something, but on the other car I'm messing with, even if I don't reset the trims, numbers still show up. What else you got for me to try?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    post your log, I'll take a look at it. If WHILE your scanning its reading 0's thats not normal so post it and I'll look it over for you to see whats going on.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    post your log, I'll take a look at it. If WHILE your scanning its reading 0's thats not normal so post it and I'll look it over for you to see whats going on.
    I didn't actually log the run, my boyfriend was trying his own log. But I think I figured out what happened... After playing around with mine, it looks like this is what happens if you turn the car off before you stop the log. I tried it with my car last night, turning the key completely off before hitting stop or saving it, and it did the exact same thing. It will show the cells it hit, but there are 0's there instead of the correct data. I will eventually get through these dumb little set backs.

True, but if you shut the car off and click 'Scan', 'Stop Scanning' and save the log you can then review all the data.

Also I have seen this behavior get better in newer versions. Used to be if you turned the car off before clicking 'Stop Scanning' you could not save the data. Are you on 2.1.12?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game